We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Champion Airlines and Worry Free Vacations

Yukon
Level Contributor
119 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Champion Airlines and Worry Free Vacations

Does anyone have solid informaton on what is to happen to Worry Free Vacations(MLT) now that Champion Airlines is going out of business? As I understand Champion will cease Oklahoma City service March 31 of this year. I'm getting vague and incomplete news coverage on precisely what is happening. We have had very good service from Champion to both Las Vegas and Cancun. Not much to complain about. If you have any information please respond. Thanks

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,927 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Champion Airlines and Worry Free Vacations

I just called MLT and, as expected, they are working on alternatives. News may be forthcoming relatively soon.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
373 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Champion Airlines and Worry Free Vacations

I know that here in Denver they have switched to a Frontier Charter flight. Champion stopped flying out of Denver in January.

Yukon
Level Contributor
119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Champion Airlines and Worry Free Vacations

Thanks Co P54 and B4B,

We are leaving for the lake just now and I barely received these notes. Thank you. We were in Merida, Valladolid, Playa and Cozumel last week. What a great trip. First visit to Cozumel in more than a decade, man, what a transition. As usual we ran out of time and didn't get to do all we had planned. Old age really interferes with expectations. We don't breeze through vacations like in previous years. Muchas Gracias amigos.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,927 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Champion Airlines and Worry Free Vacations

True Becks. While I used Champion multiple times, the Frontier service was better.

I hope that WorryFree/MLT stays in business.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
373 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Champion Airlines and Worry Free Vacations

The Frontier Charter flights aren't great times, but I guess it will still get us to where we want to be!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,053 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Champion Airlines and Worry Free Vacations

Doubt this will have much long term impact on Worry Free /MLT. They were only using Champion as their charter carrier. Much talk in the industry that Frontier is very short of cash and could have trouble soon--and everyone feels they are likely to do major cutbacks in service soon.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,053 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Champion Airlines and Worry Free Vacations

This article might be of interest. Frontier is adding a DFW charter for MLT and dropping several Mexico flights, including Indianapolis to Cancun:

star-telegram.com/business/story/561585.html

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
640 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Champion Airlines and Worry Free Vacations

Whoa....wait a minute....we are scheduled to fly from OKC to Cancun on April 12.....via WF and Champion Air....should I be worried??

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
373 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Champion Airlines and Worry Free Vacations

You might want to look into it!

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
301 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Champion Airlines and Worry Free Vacations

Hi!

I am here in Okc and was worried about the article in our daily paper. I have 3 trips with MLT booked between now and Sept. I recieved a phone call yesterday from MLT reservations office. The only thing that is affected is flights on Champion Air. Champion Air is going to cease all flights around the world eff. May 31st. Not just in OKC.

NWA, Frontier, Ryan air and Sun(something) is taking over ALL flights. NO flights/reservations will or have been cancelled.

This is direct from the horses' mouth, so don't fret! I hope this helps!