We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at the Omni

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Beach at the Omni

Has anyone seen it lately?..In my research,it seems to be rocky..Are these large rocks?..Do you need to wear water shoes?..New experience for me..Last time we were at the top of the 7...

California
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at the Omni

We went a few months ago, and it was the best beach. There were really no rocks to speak of, and no seaweed. Our 2 children; 9-13 never had an issue we couldnt get them out.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at the Omni

Check www.cancunbeachconditions.com in the next few days. We had some Omni beach photos sent to us by a visitor of our site. The photos were taken in late March and the beach looks fantastic!

Clarkston, Michigan
Level Contributor
384 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at the Omni

8 trips to the Omni and the beach is always great.

You can check my pics out at www.ericavery.com/photos

Just dig through till you find the cancun albums.

THere can be rocks when the tide washes a lot of sand out but the beach is large.

Clarkston, Michigan
Level Contributor
384 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at the Omni

This is about the rockiest I saw it...

last August (2007)

…google.com/ericavery/…5093573766328044978

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at the Omni

We just got back yesterday from staying at the Omni. The beach did have some large rocks in the surf that were exposed but you don't need water socks to walk on the beach itself, which is clear.

We didn't swim in the ocean the whole time we were there but that was because of the rough water conditions, not because of the rocks. Had the water not been so rough, I probably would have chanced it and took a dip in the ocean.

6. Re: Beach at the Omni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 10:21