We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much for taxi from airport to Omni Hotel?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
houston
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How much for taxi from airport to Omni Hotel?

Trying to get an idea which method of transportation is cheaper. Thanks!

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much for taxi from airport to Omni Hotel?

A taxi from the airport to hotel zone is $53.00 one way for up to 4 passengers, (not per person)

a shared van is $12.00 one way, per person, you would have to taxi back to the airport, (the same shared van is not available to take back to the airport) a taxi to the airport is about $25.00 for up to 4 people in the car, (not per person)

Private transfer company for 1-3 people approx. $55.00 roundtrip (not per person)

Advantage of the private transfer over the shared van is they will be waiting outside the airport to take you right to your hotel, no waiting for the van to fill up and no stopping at other hotels along the way.

Nashville, Tennessee
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much for taxi from airport to Omni Hotel?

I have the same question. I am going to the Omni on April 12 and leaving on April 13. Would the private transportation be better for me. I want to spend as much time as I can at the beach before leaving Cancun around 1:40 on Sunday.

Nashville, Tennessee
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much for taxi from airport to Omni Hotel?

ohh, one more thing. How do I book it? Which websites would you recommend? or Would it be better to do it at the airport?

Ewing, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much for taxi from airport to Omni Hotel?

Choco, I am attatching a link to Caracol Travel which is, I believe, based at the Omni. If it is not based there, I know they at least have an office in the hotel. I did not use them for transfers but I was told it is $10 per person each way. I will also provide you with a link to the transfer service which we did use. They were right outside the airport waiting for us on arrival and right on time when it came time to return to the airport. You can pay the at the airport when they pick you up. RT was $55 US. Hope this helps and have a wonderful time at the Omni. We LOVED it!!!

www.omnicancunvacationclub.com/caracoltravel/

besttransfers.com

Indiana
Level Contributor
128 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much for taxi from airport to Omni Hotel?

I've only heard great things about Brant from Entertainment Plus. Here's the link on it.

entertainment-plus.net/Tour_transport.cfm

That's who we have decided to use when we go.. $55.00 round trip for 1-3 people private transportation..No waiting = more beach time!!

houston
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How much for taxi from airport to Omni Hotel?

Thanks everyone for the replies! I really appreciate it! I'm going to Cancun by myself 4/10-4/13 and this forum is so wonderful and informative! I booked with with Brant but I didn't know about the Caracol at the time.

Nashville, Tennessee
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How much for taxi from airport to Omni Hotel?

Thank you for the information. I have booked with besttransfers. I have a peace of mind because I can pay at the airport. I can't wait to be in Cancun.

Clarkston, Michigan
Level Contributor
384 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much for taxi from airport to Omni Hotel?

Funny..

We usually get transportation from the airport to the hotel either through the omni or brants (about $10-$15 each).

But then we take a taxi back to the airport, regardless of passangers is like $20 tops.

It used to be $15 but last time I paid $20 on the way back.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much for taxi from airport to Omni Hotel?

Do we need to make reservations for the Shared Transportations? I'm leaving in 2 weeks and I want to get the cheapest transportation available. It doesn't really matter if we stop at other hotels first. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much for taxi from airport to Omni Hotel?

After much research.I am very happy to decide on Brants for $55 RT for private transpo...We will also be at the Omni...The Resort does not get a lot of useful info on here...Please report back,as I will do the same....