We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September crowds...

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
September crowds...

My wife and I have been to both Playa and Cancun with another couple the last four years, but we usually go in June. This year our schedule has us going the first week in September to the Riu Cancun. What is September like compared to June? I'm guessing since school will have started in the states that there will be less younger kids. We are late 20s early 30s so we like a lively crowd but not "Spring Break" lively. Anyone have any thoughts?

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: September crowds...

You will like September then....Since it is the down season, you tend to get a lot of people who take advantage of dirt cheap last minute deals. Those people tend to be spontaneous and lively (at least from my experiences), but since most people are back in school by then, you'll have far fewer kids.

June is always packed with high schoolers and college students, so September will be a breeze for you!

cincinnati
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September crowds...

i will be there labor day weekend w/ friends, where r u staying?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September crowds...

We are going to be at the Riu also that week, (with 26 others) I have always had good luck going to Cancun at that time. Where are you flying out of?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
314 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September crowds...

What about Playa Del Carmen in September? The reason we chose this month is because it will still be hot and most of the kids will be back in school. Will it be more quiet there with less tourists?

Illinois
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: September crowds...

My boyfriend and I will be at the Riu Cancun Sept 1st-8th. First time in Cancun for me!! Can't wait :) ~From Illinois~

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: September crowds...

I'm planning my honeymoon for the first week of September and we are seriously considering Le blanc in Cancun. Should we be worried about cooler, windy or rainy weather?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: September crowds...

I would suggest to start a new thread, since you pulled an old one up from 2005 which won't help.

:-)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: September crowds...

I meant to say "which won't help" referring to the 2005 previous posts. sorry.

:-)

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,797 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: September crowds...

September is usually hot, humid with a nice breeze off the Caribbean. It's also in the tropical storm season, so rain is always a possibility or worse.

And, as Dood was saying 3.5 years ago, it's generally a very quiet, laid back time in Cancun after the U.S Labor Day. September and October being amongst the lower hotel occupancy months of the year.

10. Re: September crowds...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 08:17