We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got back from riu palace las americas

central florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
just got back from riu palace las americas

any questions are welcome:) we had a lovely time

West Seneca, New...
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just got back from riu palace las americas

Yes!!! I will be there in about a week for our 4th time. Is Diego still bartending at the Can bar? Also how full was the resort?

Ohio
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: just got back from riu palace las americas

17 days and counting...

what nights did the entertainment staff hit the clubs?

what are your restaurant recommendations? early or late seating..

Owasso, OK
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just got back from riu palace las americas

Few questions..

What was your favorite restaraunt and favorite dish.

What is on the room service menu?

What was your favorite alcoholic beverage (if you drink).

did you check out the night life at RPLA or RIU Cancun? How was that?

Did you have any trouble getting a chair at the beach or pool in the morning?

We leave in 10 days, I can't hardly wait!

central florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just got back from riu palace las americas

i am sorry i won't be very helpful about the night life as we only took a walk down by congo bongo and senior frogs on friday night. i am not sure about deigo at the can bar :/ i know it sounds like we are old fogies but honestly we just like to go and get away to enjoy the beach, sun and have a few drinks to relax:) we've never been ones to bar hop or go clubbin. ;)

as far as restaurants go they are all delicious but the japanese and krystal was our favorites. i had the chicken teriyaki and my husband had the salmon at the japanese, both were very tasty. at krystal we had the chilian sea bass and lamb, we both preferred the sea bass even though the lamb was great as well.

for lunch, you have to go to the italian resturant which is located in the brazilian, we had the filet, sea bass and shrimp with risotto (all different days of course;) the shrimp was my favorite! the buffets are all wonderful and have a lot of choices as well. we didn't order room service but i did notice that the hours are from 11am till 11pm so you can't get breakfast if that is what you had in mind. i remember there was a chicken cesar salad on the menu, some kinda seafood pasta, chips with guac and salsa, the raspberry cheesecake and several other things that i just can't remember off the top of my head!

we liked the sangrias served in the lobby bar, blue corals, cosmos, miami vice and coco rosas.

i hope you all have a wonderful trip, enjoy every minute of it:)

melbourne, florida
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just got back from riu palace las americas

Glad you had a good time.We like just hanging out at the beach and RPLA. Must be a Florida thing.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Fla
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just got back from riu palace las americas

we are going in 12 days and just wondering if its full or is it in between seasons,lie it is here in fla.

wife allergic to seafood will that be a problem.

who do we email to request meal our first night and ask for an ocean view room?

Any place to stay away from at RPLA?

Do you tip like on cruises or daily?

allentown
Level Contributor
352 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just got back from riu palace las americas

Glad you had a nice trip. Hope our trip end of may will be as well.

central florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just got back from riu palace las americas

we had a wonderful time; it was the most relaxing vacation we have had yet. the hotel itself did not seem overwhelmingly full and at check-in they upgraded us to an ocean view with a balcony, yet when we checked out the front desk said they were totally booked. i guess it's just one of those places that are laid out well enough to give everyone plenty of space.

motator, i am sorry to hear your wife is allergic to seafood...what a shame! they do have many other options such as filet, chicken, lamb, vegetarian meals and wonderful anti pastas and salads so she should be fine! the only restaurant that we will probably skip next time is the brazilian only because it was way too much meat for us! everything was very tasty, it was just more meat then my husband or i personally like for a meal:)

we will defiantly go back to rpla, i feel it's an advantage for us florida people seeing as it's such a short flight!

have a wonderful trip guys!

central florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just got back from riu palace las americas

sorry, motator i forgot to give you the link to email if you want reservations for your first night for dinner...i do recommend doing this cause all the restaurants were booked and we arrived at 2 in the afternoon. luckily, we got in the japanese anyways as someone cancelled and my husband was very persistent;)

palace.lasamericas@riu.com

you may also be able to call and make reservations over the phone for dinner....

1-888 666 8816

we did tip on a daily basis just because the people down there really deserve it and as found out from the taxi driver that the cost of living is very similar to the US. gas is by the liter but configures to about $3.20 a gallon and milk is about the same as here as well. so needless to say, every extra dollar you give these people really helps and they are very appreciative.

texas
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: just got back from riu palace las americas

Any U.S. television stations (CNN) or movie channels?

Thanks in advance!!!