We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats Up With November??!!!

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Whats Up With November??!!!

Hi everyone=

We are going in November, the 3rd-7th.The air is outrageous there during that time and booked up in april and the hotels are not as cheap as they normally are. I know prices are more this year, but come on.The day of the dead will have passed by then, and I dont think people from other countries fly in for that, but i may be wrong. Does anyone know if there is a special event during this time? Thank you!

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats Up With November??!!!

:)

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats Up With November??!!!

what is it costing you in november?

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats Up With November??!!!

ind to cancun with a connect in dfw-originally 401 pp through american airlines. later that week was 717! this was the last week of april. we are going with 2 others, so what we ended up doing was booking with aavacations, american airlines travel agency. the tickets were 370pp and the hotel was cheaper than the hotel direct. (riu cancun). plus the deposit with insurance was 159pp. for 4 adults, 5 days at riu cancun 3469 total with air. so it worked out for us,but it is still weird that it was this much for what is supposed to be the low season.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats Up With November??!!!

The $370 pp seems like a pretty good price considering all the extra fuel charges that have been added over the past month. I did a fast check this morning and Delta was $445 pp, American $507 pp, and Continental $540 pp. These prices include all taxes and other charges. So $370 seems good. The days of cheap airfare are behind us.

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats Up With November??!!!

bob-

that 370 is package air. normal air is 716 with tax as of last night with american. wow you did find some bargains, but when we booked they werent there so we did do the package air.

does anyone know if there are any festivals or events that week?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
748 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats Up With November??!!!

We are going to Mexico that time of year too...Usually....it comes out cheaper to travel end of October until December 15....we booked in January for November.....& the prices have been doing nothing but going UP since we booked!

Where are you staying?

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats Up With November??!!!

we are at the riu cancun. we stayed in dec. 06 june o7 and jan this year and the nov 3-7 air prices are the most expensive.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats Up With November??!!!

loves,

I found those prices using kayak.com which is a pretty good airline price finder.

Bob

Texas
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats Up With November??!!!

We booked in April for a week at Thanksgiving (11/26 - 12/03). We booked directly through the www.hilton.com website for their Air+Hotel package. We got non-stop flights from DFW plus the Jacuzzi Terrace room for $1700 (TOTAL, not per person). I just checked today for the same package, and it is now over $2600 for the exact same dates and flights!

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Whats Up With November??!!!

bob=

thanks for the info, i will try them for our trip in june.

these prices are just nuts. people have paid a lot more than me, so i guess i shouldnt complain. i really thought there was a special event going on though.