We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the difference in a Jr Suite and a Superior deluxe?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
meagan_kidd
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Whats the difference in a Jr Suite and a Superior deluxe?

I am staying the the Sun Palace in July and I was wondering if anyone knew the difference in a Superior Deluxe room and a Jr Suite? We are booked for the Superior Deluxe, but we were never given another option and all the pics I have seen are for Jr Suites.

DeLand, Florida
Level Contributor
445 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the difference in a Jr Suite and a Superior deluxe?

The main difference is the Jacuzzi position. In the JR suite Jacuzzi is by the balcony, in the regular room the bed is closer to the balcony. You never really know what you are going to get until you get there.

meagan_kidd
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats the difference in a Jr Suite and a Superior deluxe?

Dern, I would rather have the hot tub near the balcony. When you say you never know what you are going to get when until you get there what do you mean? Is there still a chance we could get a room with the hot tub near the balcony? Was there a price difference? And if yes, what was more expenisve? Im guessing the Jr suite is more? I wonder why it was not an option when I booked my room. I booked it on the palace website.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats the difference in a Jr Suite and a Superior deluxe?

meagan - long long ago, in a land far away...hahaha. sorry but that's the way it seems. --- before renov in 2005, sun was open to families and had a "true" suite and jr. suite. travel agencies charged differently. when they redid sun, all rooms had jacuzzi in them, no more suites (except presidential) whereas only the top two floors had them previously.

because of the architecture of sun, they had to put some jacuzzi's next to the balcony - that area previously had a sofa, tv, coffee table, etc. that is the only difference. the resort does not charge diffrently even though some travel sites still do. (shame on them)

the resort will give you the best available room when you check in. do yourself a favor and accept what they give you, change into a swimsuit, and if you dont' like your room, ask for a change. but go out and enjoy your first day regardless. you'll get it by the next morning. we are presidential members and did not get the rooms requested but decided what we had was plenty good enough.

good luck. you're gonna love it!!!

Idaho
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats the difference in a Jr Suite and a Superior deluxe?

I echo what was said before, there is virtually no difference between the Superior Deluxe rooms and the Jr Suites except the placement of the jacuzzi. I prefer the Jr Suites for one reason. When they were a true Jr Suite with a living area there was a step down between the bed area and the living area. That step is still in place and they put the jacuzzi's flush against the upper floor. This made them easier for me, as a short person of 5'3", to step into. If you are taller than there is probably no benefit to you but for us shorter people it is very helpful.

meagan_kidd
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats the difference in a Jr Suite and a Superior deluxe?

this makes since. This is probably why when you book at the actual website they say they only have the Superior and when you look at the hotel specs it also says that they have x suites and 6 presidental suites. So I guess maybe they call them all the same now. I am not one to complain, so I think I will be fine with either. Just wondered if there was a difference. Thanks for all the good answers, you peeps seem to really know the resort. Anything else I should probably know. I have read a ton about tips and I plan on taking atleast $100 in ones. One question though, if i want to leave a tip for the maid how can i make it clear that its there for her and not just money i left laying around?

Idaho
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats the difference in a Jr Suite and a Superior deluxe?

Any tips for the maid should be left on the bed. I put mine with one corner under the pillow but obviously sticking out. When I left money on either the end table beside the bed or on the unit with the refrigerator and the clothes drawers it was still there when I returned to my room.

Dallas Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats the difference in a Jr Suite and a Superior deluxe?

Hey Meagan,

Please type in this link and you will get a bunch of info on Sun.....http://oursunpalace.tripod.com/

I hope it helps as it helped me.. Lets you see the place like you would if there....

Its a video diary of a couples trip to Sun Palace..

Jrock

meagan_kidd
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats the difference in a Jr Suite and a Superior deluxe?

Thanks so much for this jrock! It did help. Thats really neat that they did this.

Dallas Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats the difference in a Jr Suite and a Superior deluxe?

No problem!! Hope you enjoy Sun Palace!!

Jrock

10. Re: Whats the difference in a Jr Suite and a Superior deluxe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 20:19