We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verizon Cell Phone?

Georgia
Level Contributor
380 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Verizon Cell Phone?

Hello All. I just got back from Aruba, and after adding international roaming to my Verizon Cell Phone (and updating the programming), I was able to use my own personal cell in Aruba. What about Cancun? Will I be able to use it there? The kids will be w/ us, so no need to call home everyday, but I do like to check in w/ my parents just to let them know we made it safely.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verizon Cell Phone?

Affirmative, your Verizon cell will work in Cancun.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
412 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verizon Cell Phone?

Donna,

Yes it worked fine for me, and I think they only charged $3.99 per month.

Powell, Tennessee
Level Contributor
262 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verizon Cell Phone?

I have used my phone there each time we go. For other verizon calling me it was done as normal without charges, but me calling back it cost $.99 per minute.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Verizon Cell Phone?

We brought two phones with us. They were the same phone with the same plan. Only one of them worked while we were in Cancun.

Denver
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verizon Cell Phone?

I also used my verizon without problems in Aruba. For Cancun, i can receive texts and calls, but the one time i tried to make a call from the beach, i got a spanish recording and could not connect. i am at a palace resort, so phone call to US are free so i did not try again. btw, i think the charges for roaming with verizon (in mexico) are 99 cents a min, 50 cents for outgoing text and 5 cents for incoming text.

if you are not staying at a palace resort, and your hotel offers free wifi, bring a laptop and either set up Skype or AIM (both free from computer to computer). AIM will also send to mobile phones as a text (also free). your parents will need to download and set up on their computer also.

6. Re: Verizon Cell Phone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2008, 16:04
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Verizon Cell Phone?

we used our verizon cell phones with no problems, I had added international calling to our plan before we left. We were able to make and receive calls. This also helped me keep up with the teenagers

Denver
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Verizon Cell Phone?

I just realized why I can receive calls and text back and forth but not make calls.... i forgot to dial 001 before the area code and number. It does work fine. I guess i am getting too much sun (and drinks)

9. Re: Verizon Cell Phone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 01:17