We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Rooms at Sun Palace

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Rooms at Sun Palace

Hello All! Seems like alot of great info on this site. I am planning a week long trip in Nov. to SP was hoping someone could give me some actual room numbers that are great rooms. We really want a great ocean view and a nice balcony, but quiet. Nothing near the pool or above a lobby, etc. Any ideas/suggestions? Don't care if there is a jaccuzi or not. Really want the balcony, if it's a choice of....

Lisa

Arizona
Level Contributor
208 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Rooms at Sun Palace

Hi there,

the first year we stayed at the Sun we were in 326. It did face the activity pool and south to Club Med, but high enough above the pool not to be noisy.. 2nd year we stayed in room 620. I liked this particular place a lot. I have pix of both in my review. Room 620 had the large balcony and slightly smaller room, it faced straight out to the ocean with a slight view to the north of the hotel zone below us the quiet pool and nightly steak dinners (never an issue for noise that high up). I like both rooms, but I am a blacony user and was out there quite a bit. My friend had room 821, corner unit just two floor higher then us. great view, but tiny little balcony and no afternoon shade. All have the jacuzzis and all have some sort of balcony just which type you like is the question.

Good Luck!!

Dallas Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Rooms at Sun Palace

Hello there!

We are at Sun Palace now and are in room 119. It has one of the largest balconies besides the presidential suites!! All the rooms have a two person hot tubs. They all have balconies..

This is the third room we have been moved to due to location and double beds. I picked it with Jaime's assistance.. Have seen many rooms and ours has the biggest balcony by far! Though on the first floor it is quite.. The lobby bar in under us but, we don't hear anything until we come back to our room after we have been out all day.. Nothing too bad just people trying to do sing a longs and such. All noise stops at midnight.. No complaints at all.... Our terrace has a double sized lounge bed and a table with two chairs and room for more.. If I had to guess I would say its approx 25+ ft long and 15+ ft wide...Its big! There are 4 of the same sized rooms in a row then a pres. suite for members only..

I don't think you can go wrong with any room at Sun.

They all have a view except a few that have views of the lagoon and the buildings next door. Unless you are VIP you can not pre-select a room prior to arrival...........You get what you get unless the Resort is not full.. In our case its only approx 60-70%...

Hope this helps you..

Tacoma,WA
Level Contributor
912 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Rooms at Sun Palace

This is always a good subject...we are going in July...seems like all the rooms are pretty good, but if I dont like mine I will move for sure...I have heard complaints about other hotels and not being able to be moved but Sun Palace always seems to work with its guests.....33 days!

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Rooms at Sun Palace

All of the rooms on the sixth floor have very large balconies. They were probably 12x12 feet. Last summer I stayed in room 624 and loved it. It was on a corner so we shared only one of our balcony walls with a neighbor. Because we were on a corner, we had a 270 degree view of both sides of the Cancun strip. Good luck!

California
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Rooms at Sun Palace

Thanks for all the great info everyone! Can anyone tell me if there are DVD players in the rooms at SP?

DeLand, Florida
Level Contributor
445 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Rooms at Sun Palace

We had room 208 over the quite pool and we loved it. I don't think I saw a DVD ini the room though.

Denver
Level Contributor
296 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Rooms at Sun Palace

i don't think you can go wrong with any of the rooms. just avoid rooms ending in 00-08 (i think up to 08, maybe up to 06). those rooms are over the oriental lounge and have limited views (especially the lower floors). we were in 229 overlooking activity pool side - very nice view of pool, beach and south to club med.

if you want the quiet side, choose a room ending from 09-23 (or just ask them for a room over the quiet pool)

there was not a dvd player in our room.

8. Re: Best Rooms at Sun Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 03:19