We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unbelievable deals....my you know what!

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Unbelievable deals....my you know what!

I guess we will not see Cancun for awhile. You see "specials" for 3 nights for $499.00 as an example. Click on it, and its probably actually $100 more. Find your airport to fly out of, and its alot more. Pick your dates, etc, etc.....and that $499 special just turned into $1,686.00 for two. That might not even include taxes and fees, LOL

Welcome to the new world of travel for the time being I suppose. Would like to have grabbed a little 3 day trip in the next month like some others, but can't justify the cash.

Not sure when we are gonna make it back. :(

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,621 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unbelievable deals....my you know what!

Search for good airfare, then go to www.quickrooms.com for 3 nights hotel- they have great rates IMO.

West Seneca, New...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unbelievable deals....my you know what!

Just booked 8 nights at the RPLA for $2400 including air, transfers, and taxes. I think for 8 nights it is a great price. Good luck finding a bargain.

East Haven...
Level Contributor
354 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unbelievable deals....my you know what!

We used GTAHOTELS.COM to get a super cheap rate for Temptations. Give it a shot.

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unbelievable deals....my you know what!

That was a good deal sellucaddy!

I was just doing a little tongue in cheek griping. :)

West Seneca, New...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unbelievable deals....my you know what!

Our first trip down in 2001 was $2200 at the Royal Solaris for 7 nights. So for an extra $200 for the RPLA and also being 8 nights works awesome for my checkbook!! The deals are out there, you just need to be educated and do your homework..

East Haven...
Level Contributor
354 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unbelievable deals....my you know what!

I also found alpharooms.com had good rates as well.

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
502 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unbelievable deals....my you know what!

Even the discount carriers (i.e., USA3000) are starting to creep up...it's difficult to find RT fares for two for less than $800 or $1000 out of STL. It makes resort pricing even more critical. vacationstogo.com has an easy-to-use price comparison tool that will allow you to compare up to 10 resort packages at once. We may have to resort to last-minute accommodations...target a vacation week, but hold off on booking until a week or so before in hopes of getting a decent deal. Ah, the joys of vacation planning (it's not just a vacation, it's an adventure!).

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
502 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unbelievable deals....my you know what!

Even the discount carriers (i.e., USA3000) are starting to creep up...it's difficult to find RT fares for two for less than $800 or $1000 out of STL. It makes resort pricing even more critical. vacationstogo.com has an easy-to-use price comparison tool that will allow you to compare up to 10 resort packages at once. We may have to resort to last-minute accommodations...target a vacation week, but hold off on booking until a week or so before in hopes of getting a decent deal. Ah, the joys of vacation planning (it's not just a vacation, it's an adventure!).

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unbelievable deals....my you know what!

If you can drive to Austin,Texas,you will find great airfare on VivaAerobus...Austin is a great city to spend a day...Do not know how long the low fares will last,but I jumped on it....

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
502 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Unbelievable deals....my you know what!

sorry 'bout the duplicate post...my PC said it didn't take the first time.