We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Blanc or Sun Palace?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
103 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Le Blanc or Sun Palace?

My husband and I are heading Cancun for our 1 year anniversary in November and can't decide on a hotel!! We love great hotels and want a place with an amazing room/view and a great beach!! Help!

DeLand, Florida
Level Contributor
445 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Blanc or Sun Palace?

I can only speak for the Sun Palace and it was great. They have the best beach, and they seem to have better balconies then LeBlanc.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Blanc or Sun Palace?

I'm a Sun fan but if price were no object, I'd go with Leblanc. There's something to be said for staying at the best on such a special occasion. But, friends came with us to Sun recently and it was their 5th anniversary. Sun went above and beyond to make it a special occasion for them so either would be a good choice.

Leblanc is in a better location if you've never been to Cancun and want to be close to the action. Also, if you stay at Leblanc, you can visit Sun. But you cannot do the reverse.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Blanc or Sun Palace?

LeBlanc is the highest quality AI I have experienced. Service was outstanding, food was wonderful and I loved the spa options for healthy eating. Spa was the best I have been to including several Ritz Carltons. The gym is extensive as well.

We loved the butler service and the wonderful beds and luxurious rooms. Not sure if Sun Palace has the same beds as the other Palace Resorts but the ones at Beach Palace were like a rock.

True top shelf liquors are served, there is a nice choice of good included wines and service was impeccable.

texas
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Blanc or Sun Palace?

I researched both myself and came to the conclusion - Le Blanc

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Blanc or Sun Palace?

I've stayed at both. If price wasn't an object I agree that I would stay at Le Blanc. Sun Palace is great but Le Blanc is just another step up.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,171 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Blanc or Sun Palace?

I totally agree. If you can do it, then LeBlanc should be the choice. However, you won't be disappointed in the Sun either! It's just the small extras that LeBlanc offers that can make a difference worth experiencing if you can.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
103 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Blanc or Sun Palace?

So...we decided on Le Blanc. But now we can't decide on what room type to get at Le Blanc. Has anyone seen the different rooms? We want a good ocean view. Thanks.

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Blanc or Sun Palace?

We had an oceanview when we were there and it was awesome - probably the best night of sleep I've ever had. We left the windows open and the bed was so comfortable. Do they allow you to choose ocean view now? We couldn't when we were there. One good thing is if you go in November the resort may not be too full so maybe even if you just book a regular room you'll be able to secure an oceanview.

ca
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Le Blanc or Sun Palace?

I have stayed at both and I would say to save some money and go to Sun Palace, very nice resort

chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Le Blanc or Sun Palace?

Wife and I stayed in a royal gov. suite in March. While it was fantastic we went in our fried's room which was an ocean view honeymoon and that's the type of room we're staying in next Feb. The resort is so amazing you spend less time in your room than you would think.