We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RPLA Restaurant Dress Code

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis MN
7 posts
Save Topic
RPLA Restaurant Dress Code

Hey all,

How dressy do you have to be when eating at the RPLA restaurants? I think it said you had to wear slacks and close toed shoe if you were a dude. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Jake

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,940 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RPLA Restaurant Dress Code

That's correct - for the a la carte restaurants. If you dine at the buffet, then you can wear shorts, etc. The RPLA pics make it look like it's very formal - I was scared the first time we stayed there because we are very casual people. However, it's Cancun, so don't expect much in the way of formality at all! A decent pair of khakis and a polo are just fine.

xz
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RPLA Restaurant Dress Code

Agreed--pants are enforced but khakis are accepted...a casual dress shirt is good (short-sleeve)...nothing super fancy. Oriental restaurant fills up first so make sure you get in line early to rsvp that one!

Minneapolis MN
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: RPLA Restaurant Dress Code

So definitely no jeans? Bummer. So khakis and a polo i can do, but what about shoes? Im thinking im just gonna rock some sandals. Hopefully that'll suffice.

Thanks for the feedback!

Jake

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,940 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RPLA Restaurant Dress Code

One member in our group got away with jeans at dinner. Not sure if it was on the dress code list or not, but you didnt' see too many wearing jeans. My only concern is when people show up with shorts or swimsuit bottoms, old ucky t-shirts, etc. It's not too respectful of the other guests who are out having a nice dinner. On the other hand, I think if you look nice and presentable, you will be fine. No need to overdress or get the suit out!

Minneapolis MN
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: RPLA Restaurant Dress Code

Thanks all for the feedback. Im a jeans and tshirt guy, but it sounds like i might have to dust off the ol' khakis for dinner in the restaurants. One last thing, is there anything about footwear that i should know about? I really would like to bring only sandals but if im going to need shoes what should i bring?

Thanks again!

xz
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RPLA Restaurant Dress Code

One of my brother-in-laws got away with jeans too...not sure about sandals, but we did get away with sneakers when worn with pants and dress-shirt.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
443 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RPLA Restaurant Dress Code

This is for the restaurants that you reserve, right? In the buffet for dinner, you can still wear shorts and t-shirts, right?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RPLA Restaurant Dress Code

YES! RPLA - fantastic resort .. without any snootiness -- enjoy! You'll love it- we did!

Sutton Coldfield
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: RPLA Restaurant Dress Code

Several men were turned away from the buffet last week for turning up in vest type tops, they were allowed in once changed into T shirts

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: RPLA Restaurant Dress Code

Can men wear a decent pair of flip-flops or sandals in the restaurants?