We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my isla mejures island review

Albrightsville...
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
my isla mejures island review

well alot of the info privided on here was very usefull as i have always found with TA

But..

a few things

yes renting a golf cart...great idea

snorkling at garrafon park..well it is certaintly not $4.00

try $38.00 for the basic admission per person and that did not even include towel rental

for $55.00 pp you got that and apparently food and snacks although i did not see to many happy eaters

and the snorkling.. weel there were lots of fish to see if you swam about 150 yards down the coast away from garrafon s site which placed you infront of another hotel where the fish were very plentifull and made for great photos

driving arond the island was nice. stopped by a couple roadside stands abd bought some beautiful shells and a dress for my daughter,

the locals were very happy to have your business and were very nice and appreciated your purchase

food.. well thats another sore spot as i really did not think it all that great. mostly very very local and not for me but if yoou are adventurous i guess it will be ok

thats it

take cate

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: my isla mejures island review

Sorry, don't understand, too many misspelled words, can you write that again. Thanks much appreciated.

:-)

everett wa
Level Contributor
806 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: my isla mejures island review

I think the other hotel you are talking about, where the fish are,is $4.00 admission. There is more info on Isla Mujeres on their forum. Sorry you didnt think the food was great. Was it too authentic? Ive heard its a blend of Mayan, Carribean and Mexican... WOW- Im suddenly hungry.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: my isla mejures island review

The cheap snorkeling is at the hotel NEXT to Garrafon Park called Garrafon de Castilla. It's $4 to snorkel and $6 to rent the gear.

4. Re: my isla mejures island review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 01:20