We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food allergy help.

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
163 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Food allergy help.

I just posted about a trip in April and forgot to ask a question. I have a life threatning food allergy to Onions, scallions/ green onions and shallots. If I eat one I will be visiting a nice Mexican hospital, which is not a site I plan on seeing. My question is... How difficult will it be to get food made that hasn't been made with or had contact with onions. Also, how do I say, in Spainish (just in case) that I cannot eat onions or I will die. Thanks.

St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food allergy help.

Most hotels have a chef who will prepare your food right there in front of you on a saute grill so you can watch. I think the way you say, I can not eat onions or I will die is:

No puedo comer cebollas o muerta.

There is always someone like a manager who speaks English to traslate to your chef that you can not eat onions or you will be going to the hospital over it. There is a lot of onions in Mexican food so make sure you say something.

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
163 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food allergy help.

Thanks LUV, I appreciate the help.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,905 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food allergy help.

Here is the link for the last time you asked the very same question on December 9.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k21812-…

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
163 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food allergy help.

Sorry, I double posted within minutes of posting the first, then my computer crashed. Gotta love IE.