We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Caribe Real, Cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
13 posts
Save Topic
Gran Caribe Real, Cancun

going to the Gran Caribe on 21st August for 14 days...mid 30's couple from Glasgow...have seen mixed reviews, but we are hoping for a great time, anyone else going at the same time ?

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
637 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Caribe Real, Cancun

Hi

We are from Birmingham in UK and arrive at the Gran Caribe on the 25th August for 2 weeks.....

Looking to have a great and relaxing time....

UK
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Caribe Real, Cancun

Hi, the reviews on this site are mixed...had me worried for a while..but the ones on Expedia are much better !..look forward to seeing you there. I'm Jackie, partner is David.

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
637 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Caribe Real, Cancun

Cool

To be honest and not causing offence to anyone - Us Brits seem to enjoy it and the Americans seem to disagree. WIll check out the Expedia site as I havent read that one. All I seem to be doing is counting the days/sleeps till we arrive.... Not looking forward to the 10 hour flight though!!!

I'm John, Partner is Craig.

See you there?

UK
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Caribe Real, Cancun

hey John....that was the impression i got too...so am just going to go and enjoy....the expedia revues are fab.....see you there. J

england
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Caribe Real, Cancun

im going to the grand caribe on the 2nd sep with my husband,daughter and her partner for my daughters 21st birthday,im like you ive been reading these reviews for months know it does seem as if the americans dont rate it as high as the british,i am realy looking forward to going the last few days reviews seem better,you will still be at the grand caribe when we arrive so hopefully we might get chatting to you and you will be able to give me a bit of advice on the hotel and trips off

england
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Caribe Real, Cancun

im going to the grand caribe on the 2nd sep with my husband,daughter and her partner for my daughters 21st birthday,im like you ive been reading these reviews for months know it does seem as if the americans dont rate it as high as the british,i am realy looking forward to going the last few days reviews seem better,you will still be at the grand caribe when we arrive so hopefully we might get chatting to you and you will be able to give me a bit of advice on the hotel and trips off

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Caribe Real, Cancun

Brits must love to party because this is a party hotel, at least in the summer. The property, location, and beach are fabulous. I was there in June and the hotel was full of 18 year olds celebrating their graduation from high school. They were just trying to have fun but were a little loud and rude, especially around the bars. The only bar that was open in the evening was the lobby bar and it was almost impossible to get a drink. None of this should affect you in late August as all the kids will be back in school and the hotel will not be near as crowded.

I don't see how anyone could criticize the hotel itself, but this is not the place to go in the summer if you want to relax.

8. Re: Gran Caribe Real, Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 21:19