We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Palace VIP Members

Chicago, Il.
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Palace VIP Members

I read on a previous post where a member had 200-weeks or 100-Presidential weeks. If you use two regular weeks for a Presidential suite, is the cost of the suite what the normal rate is or is it doubled? Basically a week now at Moon is around $2100 or so. If you cash in two weeks for Presidential, is the cost the same for a 1-week stay, or is it $4200? Thanks in advance.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Palace VIP Members

When you use a Presidential Suite at Moon you pay double the AI fee. That would cover 4 adults in the room, and it deducts 2 weeks from your membership.

Chicago, Il.
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Palace VIP Members

Thanks for the response Penny. My In-Laws are Premier members and we are thinking of sharing the cost of upgrading so we can gain access to the Presidential Suites.

Sw Ohio
Level Contributor
893 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Palace VIP Members

We are staying in a presidential suite at the Moon Palace for the first time in December...we are so excited! I do have a question. Is there a sofa in the livingroom area that pulls out into a bed? I know the max in a room is 6 but I have 2 guys (my son and my daughter's boyfriend) who I don't think will want to share a bed. Just looking at our options. If not, I suppose I could have a rollout bed put in the room with the king bed or in the livingroom area. Appreciate any info you can share.

Chicago, Il.
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Palace VIP Members

Sorry, not one I can answer. But I'm interested to know also.

West Milford, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Palace VIP Members

To maidenfam:

I stayed in the Presidential Suite last year. The couch in our suite was not pull out, so they had to bring in the roll away.

I am staying in the Presidential Suite in February, and asked member services the same question. They said (I assume it is the correct info)that the couches in all the Presidential Suites do not open into sofa beds.

The nice thing though, there is so much room in the suite, the roll away bed does not crowd things much! There is only a closet/shower/and don't want to wake up the person sleeping in the livingroom issue but these things can be worked out.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Palace VIP Members

not that you need my comments by now, but to add to the mix, the pres. suite is equal to two (moon/sun) weeks fees at the resorts, not just two weeks fees. for example, cancun palace, beach palace, coz, etc are cheaper than moon or sun BUt if you want to use the pres. suite there, your fees equal two weeks at sun/moon.

i was not happy about that after we upgraded to pres. but that is what we got. at the tine, cp had not yet been rebuilt so i suppose they just had to charge more for the suites there. anyway, it is generally the cost of two regular weeks which is the same as four people for one week.

Sw Ohio
Level Contributor
893 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for Palace VIP Members

Thanks Vamamos - glad to know we can get a rollaway bed in the presidential. We've used one before and they are actually quite comfortable. My worries are over! Actually, not worried just wanted to know what to plan for and this is very doable. Heck I'd sleep on the floor if I had to just to be there!

michigan
Level Contributor
412 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question for Palace VIP Members

I have heard that the Grand Moon suites are different than the Moons. More like the Beach Palace, which are much smaller than the Moon's.

I myself like the Moon as they have a kitchen, with a microwave and full size fridge. We have come with small kids and it comes in hand. The new ones do not have a kitchen or a extra bathroom. But the couch in the Beach Palce was a pull out. So a mybe who has stayed in the Grand Moon can tell you. Do you know which side you will be in. Hope this helps

Sandy

9. Re: Question for Palace VIP Members

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 14:17