We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rethinking my choice??

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nc
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Rethinking my choice??

So my trip is booked and paid for at the GCPS for aug...but im starting to rethink this choice....i know all of you guys have tons of great things to say about it, but im concerned that we will be the youngest ones there(mid 20's).....we really want a party atmosphere...any input??

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rethinking my choice??

when i was in my mid 20s(early 90s) there werent as many choices as now, but you picked good.

If you think youve made a "bad" choice, check out the Tucancun, El Pueblito(cheap, but KILLER pools and Beach) and maybe Cancun Palace.

GCPS is 18 and over, so there will be plenty of people your age im sure, and us "oldies"(30+) still can hang with the best of ya, just takes about 3 days longer to recover ; }

nc
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rethinking my choice??

good god...30+, you're near death...j/k hee hee....i guess my point is that i dont want to be "letting it all hang out" and glance at my "mom and dad" in the next chair over....

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rethinking my choice??

:>) Sometimes Mom&Dad want to let it all hang out too but can't because someone elses kids are watching them! LOL!!!

The crowd in Cancun is so diverse I wouldn't worry about it!

Just go have fun and enjoy yourself.......

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rethinking my choice??

TTCL, have you stayed @ El Pueblito??? I am thinking about booking there for 25th-28th of this month, was wondering if people had good things to say about it? The pools (and price of course) are the main reasons I am thinking about this place!

Indiana
Level Contributor
508 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rethinking my choice??

Spaz,

You will not be the only young people there!!! I would even guess that you won't be the youngest!! We were there in June. There were several young guests... Go and have fun!!!

You won't regret your choice!! The entertainment staff takes groups out in the evenings to clubs if you don't feel like staying at the resort!

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rethinking my choice??

Babystace,

No i didnt stay there, but on a group trip of 25, 5 of the people i was with did and we partied there 1 day with them, I didnt see the rooms, but the pools and waterslide were killer.

they also payed the least amount out of all of us, and had no real complaints, plus their beach is one of the nicest ive seen in Cancun.

Nashville
Level Contributor
328 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rethinking my choice??

BabyStace:

I do not know if you have seen this or not but here are the reviews for El Pueblito:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d153414…

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rethinking my choice??

You won't be the youngest. I have ACTUALLY STAYED AT THE GOLDEN CROWN twice. And you will find a lot of people there your age. And from all over. If you want good food, and drinks as well, and people treating you like a queen/king, stick with this resort. You won't get that at the others mentioned on this thread. :-))

Toronto
Level Contributor
612 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rethinking my choice??

Ok I am mid twenties and was there for Spring Break. And the general rule about cancun is it's not about hwere you stay but where you party. It wasn't a quiet hotel byt any means. There were people our age group, couples, daughters, freinds..Trust me you will glad of the nicer and finer resorts. they do take you to t he clubs each night, and the entertianment staff are younger than us. Some are 19-20. So they know how to party. Just get to know them and they will show you a good time.

Toronto
Level Contributor
612 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rethinking my choice??

Ok I am mid twenties and was there for Spring Break. And the general rule about cancun is it's not about hwere you stay but where you party. It wasn't a quiet hotel byt any means. There were people our age group, couples, daughters, freinds..Trust me you will glad of the nicer and finer resorts. they do take you to t he clubs each night, and the entertianment staff are younger than us. Some are 19-20. So they know how to party. Just get to know them and they will show you a good time.