We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats with the crappy return flight times????

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
75 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Whats with the crappy return flight times????

Looking to book out of Cancun in Feb and all the return flights leave before 10am, you loose an entire day of vacation, wtf????? Last year we had more choices leaving after 4pm.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,058 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Whats with the crappy return flight times????

I almost forgot my point....

The USA3000 flights are nice at least because they leave ORD at 7:00am, which gets you to your hotel (in Cancun) by 12:00pm.

The returns lately? Yep, 11:40 am, which means you will be leaving your hotel before 9:00 am.

So...... Add another day, it seems to help.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Whats with the crappy return flight times????

Without the use of the Palace Resorts' travel assistance, last Sunday I happened upon what I consider a decent RT price especially since it involved a different departure and return airport out of the NorthEast. RT from 10/4 (a Saturday) with a return on 10/21 (weekday) for $398, not bad! And, and arrival into Cun by 12:30 PM and a departure at 1:43 PM, IMO, almost perfect.

It may take some checking but it can be done and with the help of the Site from "bridgenut" on the previous page, it's much easier that before.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,048 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Whats with the crappy return flight times????

The itasoftware site is a good one and I have been looking at it for some time. Like all, it has its limitations. Of course, it does not list airfare only prices for charter and , in the US, it doesnt list Southwest and several discount carriers. That can be big--I was checking a Louisville to LA flight for my brother and Southwest offered a 50 dollar cheaper RT than any on ita.

Its a good tool but best to use as only one of your options. It is getting to be more of a challange to find a low fare.

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Whats with the crappy return flight times????

Just traveled to Cancun in early September and got decent flight times arriving and departing.

Arrived into Cancun around 11:00 am on a USAirways non-stop flight out of Charlotte.

Departed Cancun at 2:30 pm on a USAirways non-stop flight to Philadelphia.

Those were decent flight times in my opinion.

Now, being picked up at the hotel for the transfer to the airport at 9:45 am through Olympus Tours is a different story!

25. Re: Whats with the crappy return flight times????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 19:20