We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is a cab from airport to hotel zone?

Elma, New York
Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
How much is a cab from airport to hotel zone?

We are staying at the riu palace and r trying to avoid taking a shuttle stopping at all the different hotels. Does anyone know how much it is from the airport to the Riu Palace Las Americas?

Best Seller
Tulum Ruins, Reef Snorkeling Plus...
136 reviews
from US$109.00*
Best Seller
Viator Exclusive: Early Access to...
1,055 reviews
from US$97.33*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Day Trip from Cancun
1,380 reviews
from US$64.50*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Tour and Cenote Swimming...
158 reviews
from US$49.00*
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much is a cab from airport to hotel zone?

Offer any taxi on the street 200 MXN pesos and no more.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much is a cab from airport to hotel zone?

Sorry I got it wrong. From RPLA to the airport you can offer $200 pesos. The other way around I don't know.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much is a cab from airport to hotel zone?

Take a private shuttle..We used Brants..On time and courteous...

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,911 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much is a cab from airport to hotel zone?

The answer to the question is $53 usd. That is a car. So if there are 4 people and 10 suitcases it won't work but with 2 and little luggage it will. If not, there are private vans that you can reserve online--line Brant's and Vic's service.

chicago
Level Contributor
181 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much is a cab from airport to hotel zone?

we took a shuttle and there was only 2 other stops. On the way back we paid $25 US because Gray Line came at the wrong time.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How much is a cab from airport to hotel zone?

How did you book your hotel? When I booked with the Riu Resorts my transfers were included. They only pick up people from the airport that are staying at the Riu's so that means if you were to be picked up there would only be one stop before you, and that would be the Riu Cancun which is right next door to the RPLA. So, IMHO that isn't so bad.

:-)

Elma, New York
Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much is a cab from airport to hotel zone?

I booked through book it so I don't know if it is just the RIU's. Thanks for all the info!!

Orange County...
Level Contributor
386 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much is a cab from airport to hotel zone?

We usually pay $50 for a taxi to the hotel zone but recently started using cancuntransfers.com for private round trip transportation for $50 both ways total. You can book online and pay in cash when they pick you up.

Washington state
Level Contributor
63 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much is a cab from airport to hotel zone?

We paid $50 at the airport, which was for a round trip - we just called the day before we were leaving to go home to confirm pick up time and they took us back to the airport. We went to a condo at the north tip of the hotel zone. 4 of us, adult size (2 of us, and 2 teenagers), and all our luggage, fit just fine in a regular size cab. Fast, courteous, clean. Great experience. And they were right on time to pick us up for the return trip.

Boise
Level Contributor
72 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much is a cab from airport to hotel zone?

Cabs aren't allowed to pick up folks at the airport.

We take the ADO bus to the Cancun bus terminal and then take a cab to the RIU. ADO bus leaves the airport every 15min and goes non-stop to downtown Cancun. Cheap and fast way to get to the RIU.