We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling all Palace Resorts Members

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Calling all Palace Resorts Members

Check out the post on the Puerto Aventuras forum entitled ASP....Beware! It seems that our romantic adults only Aventura Spa Palace may be changing to allow children. Member services denies it but employees at ASP say it is to begin in April of 2009. We need all members to call member services and any other contacts you have at ASP to get the true facts. Most of us do not want to see this happen to ASP.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling all Palace Resorts Members

Bump for concerned Palace Resorts members.

staten island n.y
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling all Palace Resorts Members

bump

Fountain Hills...
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling all Palace Resorts Members

If this is true I would believe it's financially based. They may feel they would be able to fill half of ASP with families more consistantly then with adults only. We're not infavor of this either. But in the long run it may help keep costs down for us members.

An additional move (my thoughts/hopes) would be to change Playacar Palace to adults only.

We'll be at ASP tomorrow 10/18 and Playacar Palace the following week. We'll try to find some answers then, but you know how that goes with Palace.

Mike

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calling all Palace Resorts Members

As members we always traveled with our kids so we usually stay at Moon which always seems over booked.

Several times we have been offered money to move to another resort and only once did we do so, we moved to Xpu Ha before the hurricane and really enjoyed it.

It did take most of a vacation day to repack, travel there and unpack but they gave us $500 and the resort was fun and we were glad to have stayed before the hurricane and land dispute. It a whole different resort now.

Last year the members referal program included Moon but not this year, maybe because the demand for familes is greater then the demand for adults only.

This will be our last trip with kids(Yeah!) and we will be at Playacar but was hoping to try Aventura Palace next year, maybe not now, maybe it will be Sun instead.

Being a member for many years now we have seen and heard lots of different things and can never seem to get the truth out of anyone.

I will send my concerns about ASP

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calling all Palace Resorts Members

I just received an email from Member Services confirming what we thought. Here is what they stated: " We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that as of today our company was informed and confirmed that Aventura Spa Palace will be children friendly. Please be advised that the Spa section will remain adults only, no kids allowed: however: the section north to the Spa will be kid's friendly approximately starting May of 2009.

This is all the information available to us as of the moment, once there is more information we will let the members know in advance."

Sincerely

Member Services

Miami, Fl.

Advance, North...
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calling all Palace Resorts Members

msmod, If you see this before you leave, first of all have a wonderful time.

My questions now are HOW? How do they plan to accomplish this? Are they going to wall off half the resort? If adults want to eat at one of the restaurants on the south side will we have to enter from the lobby? Will there be entertainment at both sides or do I have to sit and watch a show with a bunch of kids? What about the disco & Thai lounge will they stay on the south side? If you get a chance next week could you try and find out the answers to some of these questions. Thank you very much.

Northern California
Level Contributor
626 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calling all Palace Resorts Members

bump

Fountain Hills...
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Calling all Palace Resorts Members

Formyjoy

Those are all very good questions. ASP is so interconnected as one resort. Unlike Moon where Sunrise and Nizuc are two seperate resorts and it whould be esay to see this done there.

To draw a line right down the middle of the Zen Labyrinth you still have the walk on the west connecting the buildings. I believe audlts will be able to venture south to use all services on that side but I doubt we would.

Maybe tearing out the Zen Labyrinth and putting in a pit with bamboo stakes would be a good start.

We just arrived yesterday and are still settling in. We have our update meeting on Monday and will begin to see what we can find out.

Looking out the patio door right now at the Zen is kind of sad thinking what they want to do.

Mike

Northern California
Level Contributor
626 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calling all Palace Resorts Members

Bamboo spikes??? Hey, it's environmentally friendly, relatively inexpensive, and surely a conversation piece. I like it!!!!

Looking forward to hearing the "update" info. Have a wonderful time.

Northern California
Level Contributor
626 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Calling all Palace Resorts Members

Bump

It appears TA is the new Member Services for Palace Resorts. We can learn more here than by calling them.