We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack for the kids?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Becker, Minnesota
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What to pack for the kids?

My husband and I always travel without the kids, now we are taking them to the Crown Paradise Club, after christmas. Is there anything special to pack for them? I feel like I am going to forget something important and I know if I pack the correct things it will make our family vacation more fun.

The kids are 9,7 and our duaghter will turn 4 when we are there !

Thanks!

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack for the kids?

antibacterial wipes, plane entertainment without wifi features, books, medicine/first aid kit. floaties or pool toys and a small electric pump. plane snacks, favorite stuffed animal, pillow case or pillow. house shoes for slippery floors. pool shoes in case of rocks. beads for their hair so they can get it done. chapstick with sunscreen for their lips. bug repellant wipes. and on and on and on!

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack for the kids?

a journal so they can write down their fun memories at night. a kid locator for each child, waterproof of course.

Becker, Minnesota
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack for the kids?

Awasome I did not think of a pillow case !! Thanks,

I did get a journal for one of their Christmas gifts!

Great Ideas -

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to pack for the kids?

personally, I would not recommend floaties and beach toys and instead buy them down there just because they take up so much room and can be found at reasonable prices once you arrive. We always just leave them there when we are done so hopefully someone can use them.

Hope you have a good time! We've been looking at the CPC and will probably end up there if we go all inclusive

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to pack for the kids?

yeah the pp is right. buy them there. i wonder if you will get the resort to pump them up for you? i would still bring the small pump. you can get them no bigger than your hand.

everett wa
Level Contributor
805 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to pack for the kids?

My girls are 8+10. I way over packed for them. All the girls really needed was sunscreen and bathing suits. Yeah, they would change for meals but then they were right back in their swimsuits.They brought their d.s. and other things to keep them busy but we really didnt need anything once we got there. We did homework and reading at night but other than that the hotel (kids club) and new friends is all they were interested in. If you bring masks and snorkels that fit them and that they practice in(even in the tub) that would be good. Have fun!! Weve been back 5 days and the girls keep asking when were going back!

Becker, Minnesota
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to pack for the kids?

It sounds all so good, and that is exactly what I am thinking is that I do not want to forget anything however I want to pack light as possible !

Is a sand shovel and bucket something I sould buy down there? I know that is what will keep my daughter busy !

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What to pack for the kids?

Yes, buy the bucket and sand shovel down there. That's what I did and than I left it with another child when we went home. :-)

Chilliwack BC
Level Contributor
57 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to pack for the kids?

I always do a secret bag for each kids that they don't get to see until we are in the air. Each bag has age appropriate stuff, books, word games, stuff I have picked up dirt cheap and at the dollar store. Keeps them busy for quite a while since it is all new stuff for them. We are going to CPC as well, Jan -20 me, hubby, 5 kids and grandma. Have fun!!

Becker, Minnesota
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to pack for the kids?

Secret Bag, what a great idea. I am doing it, and I know they will love it and behave in the airport and on the plane because they have new things !!

Thanks all this info is so much help ! I feel setting the kids up with the correct things will just make for a fun vacation.