We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RCI exchange to family resort w/ good beach

Georgia
Level Contributor
380 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
RCI exchange to family resort w/ good beach

Does that exist in Cancun?

We went to Cancun last year w/ our kids and stayed at Crown Paradise Club (Golden Shores). We thought the resort was fine and the kids club was incredible. However, our kids wanted to spend time on the beach and in the water. It was so rough - and so many boulders - I was afraid to let them near it. I realize that side of Cancun has a rougher surf, but can anyone recommend a timeshare resort that exchanges w/ RCI that might have a better beach?

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: RCI exchange to family resort w/ good beach

Any of the Royal Resorts would be a great choice and VCI or vacation club international is on thetop of the 7 or bay side so water is very calm and no surf, so long as you do not mind vegetation/sea grass in the water

Florida
Level Contributor
537 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: RCI exchange to family resort w/ good beach

Also check out Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, not so big of a facility but has more of a Mexican feel if that interests you.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RCI exchange to family resort w/ good beach

As you know, with RCI (a different timeshare company than VCI) a lot depends on the strength of your trade and what is available. For a basically quiet beach (not much wave action) you need to look along the top of the “7.” The only one I am familiar with in that area is the Casa Maya (non AI) that is normally available through RCI. This is an older, and smaller resort that has had some renovations and I would say it is of average quality. The two pools are on the small side (especially one of them) but fine. The nice thing about the Casa Maya is it has a very calm beach and your kids would be fine in the water. You could check out the reviews of the Casa Maya for detailed information.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
97 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RCI exchange to family resort w/ good beach

The royal resorts specifically the Sands is wonderful. I have not been there for about 3 years but last time I was there the beach was great. I am going again this month. I can then advise if the beach is still good.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,856 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RCI exchange to family resort w/ good beach

The beach at any of the resorts on the long arm of the 7 is too rough for little kids. More recently the Royals on the long arm have rocks exposed which also is difficult for little kids.

If you can, exchange into Club International (I don't know if they do RCI but I do know the Royal Mayan does - but then you have the beach issue). If not, check to see if Ambiance Villas or Casa Maya do exchange into RCI. They are also on the upper arm of the 7 with flat, calm waters.

Good luck,

Cheryl

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RCI exchange to family resort w/ good beach

Since people are discussing RCI ....is RCI all inclusive when you exchange to Cancun? Does it depend on the resort? Any info would be appreciated. thanks From: ddcile5

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RCI exchange to family resort w/ good beach

We,own,at,Casa-Maya,and,the,beach,is,fantastic,for

Kids.Older,resort,that,is,clean,and,a,great,staff.

I'm,not,sure,if,it,is,still,trading,with,RCI.

CT
Level Contributor
667 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: RCI exchange to family resort w/ good beach

How about one of the palace resorts? We traded into moon palace for next year.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RCI exchange to family resort w/ good beach

How do youy do that with RCI ? Trade? ( we have a sister in law who has RCI and she is always asking for Christmas gift ideas for our family and I wondered about a week and if we could trade to the palaces in cancun. she just never seems to be able to go where they want when they want with RCI) Thanks from : ddcile5

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RCI exchange to family resort w/ good beach

Best,place,for,timeshare,advice,is,the,forums,at,tug2.net.