We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Caribe

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
RIU Caribe

We are staying at the RIU Caribe in January and are wondering if all the rooms are ocean view and also if all the rooms have balconys. We have stayed at the RIU Cancun and RIU Palace Las and all of there rooms were both ocean view and had balconys.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,792 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Caribe

To my knowledge all rooms have direct or partial ocean views and all have balconies or patios of some type, some differing in size.

everett wa
Level Contributor
804 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Caribe

Some of the balconys are huge! The Jr. suites are on the corners of the hotel so the rooms have 2 sliding glass doors as the balcony wraps around the corner of the building. They have 2 lounge chairs and a small table with 2 sitting chairs. Good choice picking the Caribe- Hope you love it as much as we did!

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Caribe

Thanks for the info!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Caribe

All are ocean view and with balcony, except the bottom floor will not have an ocean view, nor will it have a balcony. :-)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU Caribe

Sorry forgot to mention, that on the sides of the Riu Caribe, you may only get a partial oceanview. But that doesn't matter, because if you are unhappy with your room, just request to be moved to a full oceanfront and they WILL accomadate you, maybe not on the same day but most definately on the next. :-)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU Caribe

Sorry, also forgot to mention, always try to speak with Rafael at the front desk, he's a angel. He will alway try to make you happy with your stay at the Riu Caribe. :-)

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIU Caribe

What is the best floor to request or room number?? I have heard to request at check-in anything over the 4th floor. Thanks and only 18 days to go until we arrive at the RIU Caribe!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: RIU Caribe

I had room 551 smack in the middle of the resort with a huge balcony, two lounge chairs, a small round table w/ also two small chairs on the balcony.

My brother had room 965 with a smaller balcony, but the view was also magnificent.

Mind you this past July when I checked in they gave me room 349 overlooking the theatre, we didn't care for that room too much, but the room itself was the biggest I've ever seen there with 3 beds. The next day they switched us to 551. :-)

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RIU Caribe

hi guys.

backus, the over the 4th floor was at the cancun. i think i told you that, as the club stretches up to the 4th floor

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RIU Caribe

Witch1, When are you going??...We will be there Jan 5th thru 8th. Also, I have heard you may want to ask for a topper for your beds...I guess they are pretty hard! Can't wait !! Have fun !!