We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Tours--Palace Resorts

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Free Tours--Palace Resorts

Has anyone tried to do these during the holidays. If you book the minute you check in do you have a chance to get free tour(s) or is it impossible when the hotel is full??

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Tours--Palace Resorts

I was just there and due to the lower than normal occupancy rate most tours were availble without having to rush to booked them.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Tours--Palace Resorts

We were there Thanksgiving week. We booked the morning after we arrived and had no problems getting everything on the day we wanted. I know that Thanksgiving is not as busy as Christmas though. When all of the resorts are full, they run more of the tours instead of consolidating everyone into one tour for the day.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free Tours--Palace Resorts

Thank you!

Anyone have Christmas/New Year's experience??

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free Tours--Palace Resorts

no Christmas/ New years experience but we are always there Presidents week in feb when it is full and have no problems with booking tours, but you should check it out right away as some tours are only on certain days.

I suggest the "Kitchen tour" it is right there and you get to see how they do it all! it is truely amazing how they keep it all going, the tour is only offered one day a week and fills up fast. It only take a few hours but is fun.

Have a great time

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free Tours--Palace Resorts

Thanks McMomny, do you know what day they do that tour. My family would like to do the new zipline. And, all of us would like to do the tulum ruins, as we haven't made it to the ruins yet!

California
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free Tours--Palace Resorts

Palace now owns Wet-N-Wild and even though it is not listed as a tour Palace guests can go there free or at a discount (depending on how you booked your trip)as many times as you like.

sunseekersvacations.com/tours_nizuc_waterpar…

As far as I know, only VIP or concierge guests can book the free (included) tours in advance. I would suggest that you book your tours, spa and other reservations as soon as possible after you arrive to avoid disappointments or scheduling conflicts.

I would also suggest that you only book a couple all day tours and maybe a couple shorter tours like the kitchen tour or zip line or jungle tour...the resorts are amazing and you want to leave time to relax and enjoy the beach, pools and many amenities and entertainments offered by the resort, not to mention the free tequila!!!

near Atlanta, Ga.
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Free Tours--Palace Resorts

When you book through a member you get their member benefits correct??

Which would be

manicure

pedicure

massage

free tours

What is the value of the manicure, pedicure and massage?

near Atlanta, Ga.
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Free Tours--Palace Resorts

Also what are the free tours to choose from?

And can you do a tour everyday or is there a limit on the tours?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Free Tours--Palace Resorts

travelingfromtx

I think the kitchen tour is Friday afternoons but not sure, you lose track of which day of the week it is when you get there!

As lady said, don't book too many tours as most are all day long, like leave at 730 and not get back till 5 or 6 pm and from years of experience travling with my kids they really enjoyed just relaxing at the resort!

So decide on one or two must do and book those then see as the time goes if you want to do more

Have fun!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Free Tours--Palace Resorts

be69chevy

there is more to members perks then just the spa and unlimited tours, we have a better rate to start with. discounts for everything from golf to spa to gift shop to non included tours free airport transfers and so on so it is hard to put a value on it

your welcome to message me for more info and yes we can do the same tour over and over again if we want