We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is spring break still going strong at the end of march

Denmark
1 post
Save Topic
Is spring break still going strong at the end of march

Hi I'm from Denmark, and I'm going to Mexico April next year. I have a few days in cancun from March 26 to March 30.

I've have tried to look on the internet, but it is pretty hard to find out anything of the american spring break.

So i just want to hear if cancun is still rocking then??

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,703 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is spring break still going strong at the end of march

This calendar might help: tripsmarter.com/panamacity/…sbcalendar.htm

Here is a link to a recent thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k239660… You can find other threads by using the forum search bar above.

This website has been suggested by others: http://www.cancuncare.com/ Look at the Spring Break link at the left of that page.

Enjoy your vacation!

Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is spring break still going strong at the end of march

Spring break will last until the week after Easter, which is on April 12, 2009. It usually begins a week or so before Easter, which would be around March 29. You may be there just ahead of the rush.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is spring break still going strong at the end of march

US Spring break begins 1st week of March and will run thru Easter (and perhaps a week beyond). Many school districts (in MN) begin early March, along with colleges, and then you have to throw in the Canadian spring break (think that's the 2nd week of March). The prices with resorts reflect the low end to high. We thought trying the week after Easter last year might be safe.. forget about it ..hit the tail end. This year, the last week of March will be "true high season". You could always pick an adults only ..if you're looking for less craziness.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is spring break still going strong at the end of march

First week of March till Easter is when things are at the party peak, particularly the second week of March being the busiest and when MTV and others are down there. The week you are going will see have some "leftover" entertainment and the clubs will still be all full...

Will be there the same time! (March 22-29)... Maybe I'll see you there :)

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is spring break still going strong at the end of march

Some (not many) colleges/university's actually start as early as the 3rd week in February.

6. Re: Is spring break still going strong at the end of march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 09:31