We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Parnassus and Golden Parnassus

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bay City, Mi.
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Great Parnassus and Golden Parnassus

When I was at the Great Parnassus a couple of years ago I could go down to the Golden Parnassus and use the facilities down there and I was wondering if anybody knew if that was still the case. Thanks.

maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Parnassus and Golden Parnassus

yes you can. theres a shuttle that leaves every 1/2 hr. we never went we were very happy and content at the great

GMM
Hudson, New York
Level Contributor
712 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Parnassus and Golden Parnassus

I believe the shuttle is every hour (it was in September). You may have to have the concierge call for it as it wasn't exactly on time. You need to get a day pass at the front desk before boarding the shuttle. We shuttled from the Golden to the Great and walked back. It is about 1.5 miles. Have fun .

Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Parnassus and Golden Parnassus

GMM, how did you like the Golden P.? I see it gets mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, from one extreme actually to the other. Since our trip next month is booked and paid for, I can't do anything about it anyway. But I'd love to hear from someone who's stayed there recently about what to expect. We have booked an ocean view room and I hope this means facing the ocean not one of those travel cons where you have to hang out sideways over your balcony to get a glimpse.

Secondly, is the hotel, being adult only, party central or is there some peace and quiet for an older couple?

Thanks.

Pittsburgh PA
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Parnassus and Golden Parnassus

We are trying to decide between the Great and the Golden....any help???? We like activities by the pool and beach is important too. Couple in their 30's would enjoy which one more??

Thanks

GMM
Hudson, New York
Level Contributor
712 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Parnassus and Golden Parnassus

BCtraveler - We are a couple in our 40's and we absolutely love the Golden. We went for our first time in Sept. 2007 and liked it so much we returned this past September. I posted a detailed review when we got back and it is now a few pages down under the reviews. We also did ocean view and feel it is worth the extra $. We stayed in 520 and 424. All ocean views face the ocean and have a balcony. The higher the better and try to get one in the middle (X12-X30) where X is the floor number. The rowdiness depends on who is there at the time but nothing over the top. We met couples in their 20's and as old as their 70's all having a good time. Don't expect 5 star and you shouldn't be disappointed. You can PM me if you have any specific questions.

jtj207 - The Great is newer and bigger, The Golden is adult only and has a swimmable beach. If you stay at one you can use the other. We spent 1/2 day at the great and had a good time. The big difference was that the Golden was 60 % full and the Great was 15 % full at the time. We enjoyed interacting with the other guests and the staff at the Golden.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Parnassus and Golden Parnassus

we just booked the Great- hope we made the right choice

LPP
VICTORIA,B C
Level Contributor
705 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Parnassus and Golden Parnassus

BCTraveler: We are also from B.C. & we love the Golden. This will be my 7th time back. As another post mentioned, it is not 5 star. No glitz & glamour but it is like coming home to us. Small, the staff can't do enough for you. The first few times we went we always got an ocean view room & the view is spectacular. The last couple of times we got the cheaper lagoon view & thought it was nice to have a bit of both worlds. We love the food & find there is lots of choice & we go for two weeks & don't get tired of it. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Our trip is booked for Feb 28 by 2 weeks.

Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Parnassus and Golden Parnassus

Thanks so much to all of you for responding. It's great to have some details but I must admit the most recent reviews on TripAdvisor were disconcerting. We're not expecting five star of course; we're paying five star prices. So glad to hear about the ocean views being real ocean views. I love that more than anything, and while we've stayed on the west side of the Gulf of Mexico in Florida and had spectacular sunsets it will be nice to have an alternate view and get the sunrise. And we have requested an upper floor--whether we'll get it, who knows.

Just another question, I love to walk on the beach in the early morning, in daylight of course. Is it wise, is it safe, are there people around--although what possible harm could come to a little old lady in running shoes I don't know LOL.

GMM
Hudson, New York
Level Contributor
712 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Parnassus and Golden Parnassus

We also walk on the beach as do many others and have never had a problem. All beaches are open to the public some places are difficult to navigate depending on the tide.

LPP
VICTORIA,B C
Level Contributor
705 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great Parnassus and Golden Parnassus

BCTraveler: Surprised to hear you are paying 5 star price. We got a great deal out of Victoria & by far was less money than most other places. Couldn't compare to the prices of places like Le Blanc, or the Riu's.