We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there such a thing???

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
86 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Is there such a thing???

Hello,

I know the AI include food, drinks, room, and sometimes even more. Are there any that just include room and drinks? I'm not sure if I want to be suck eating the same food every day, but I don't want to bay $5-6 bucks for each drink either...thanks!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there such a thing???

I've not heard of any of the AI resorts offering just a room/drinks package. There are some really good AI places out there. We choose places where there are more a la carte restaurants because, for us, buffets get old quickly and generally the a la carte menu varies daily. Just a personal preference.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,866 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there such a thing???

NOpe--no such thing.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there such a thing???

While there may not be such a thing, there are plenty of AI's that are only slightly more (if not less) then some of the room only hotels. These may be worthwile for you for drinks alone (remember, non-AI's charge for water and soft drinks as well as alcohol). If it costs $20 more pp/nt for an AI - that may only be 2 drinks at some non-AI's ($12 ea for a frozen drink at the JW Marriott).

You can still leave the resort for meals same as a non-AI, and always have that extra option of the included hotel buffet if you want to grab a quick bite.

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there such a thing???

We will go to an AI that is 3 stars and pay less for the AI. We save so much money, we don't care if we spend money to go out to eat a few times. We are going to Riu Caribe - nice beach, good pool but the food is probably mediocre at best but we paid $5115 for 5 people and 2 rooms for a week!

kansas city
Level Contributor
437 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there such a thing???

You are already getting a very good deal at Riu Caribe. The food is very convenient to have, even if you don't eat there every single night.

6. Re: Is there such a thing???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 22:16