We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Caribe, deluxe ocean view with balcony!

east lansing, mi
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Riu Caribe, deluxe ocean view with balcony!

MY wife and I are going in February and we have deluxe ocean view with balcony. Any one know which floor or room number are better to get a good view of the Ocean?

Va
Level Contributor
10,907 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Caribe, deluxe ocean view with balcony!

All rooms have ocean views. Odd number face the pool. The even numbers are on the outside.

everett wa
Level Contributor
806 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Caribe, deluxe ocean view with balcony!

Try and get a corner room. Huge balconies! Ours wrapped around the corner of the building and had 2 sliding glass doors.

east lansing, mi
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Caribe, deluxe ocean view with balcony!

Do you happen to know the room Number?

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,318 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Caribe, deluxe ocean view with balcony!

Odd number rooms are in the interior of the u-shape (pool and caribbean view)and yes the end rooms are the best. Request room 717!! Good Luck!

Va
Level Contributor
10,907 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Caribe, deluxe ocean view with balcony!

The rooms on the ends are Jr suites, not the deluxe ocean view rooms.

everett wa
Level Contributor
806 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Caribe, deluxe ocean view with balcony!

Yes, our room was #608.

east lansing, mi
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Caribe, deluxe ocean view with balcony!

thank you guys for your input...

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Caribe, deluxe ocean view with balcony!

We had I believe it was #621 we originally had #586 completely forgot to ask when we checked in. That room was depressing a view of a open field & side of the ocean.. we ending up going downstairs & change it & they had no problem. I think any odd number like they said would be good. You do want to be above the 4th floor or so because of the palm trees.

Have fun we had a blast & the weather was in the high 80's all week.

syracuse, ny
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Caribe, deluxe ocean view with balcony!

We went last year and going back again first week of April. the views are amazing! You want 5th floor and above to escape any noise from the lobby if you are a light, early sleeper because of the open ceiling in that area. It is beautiful, though I probably would have been mad if the band, etc was blasting into my room. We had 533 last year, which was still in that range, but down the hall a bit and wonderful, wonderful view of pool, beach, etc. Small balcony, but we didn't care. This year we booked jr suite and requested corner 6th floor or above, we'll see what we get. We've been to several places and if you don't like your room, just be prepared to deal with it for at least the first day, be nice and polite to the front desk staff and you will get what you want. Have a great trip and don't forget to have some pizza at the beach/tiki bar area, its great! Other suggestions: bring thermal travel mugs because the drinks are in small plastic cups and get warm fast, and if you are a coffee freak, there are no coffee makers in the room, so bring a travel one, otherwise, you just have to go to the lobby.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Caribe, deluxe ocean view with balcony!

We will be going in April and we have a Jr Suite.

Are Jr Suites on the ends with corners? Are they both even and odd numbers? I guess my main question is what is the best Jr Suite to request for? We are hoping for an ocean view room.

Thank you for all your great advice.