We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xpu-ha or xel ha, Xcaret

new england
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Xpu-ha or xel ha, Xcaret

Trying to decide if i were to have one day to visit these parks which would be the best

LD2
Hudson OH
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Xpu-ha or xel ha, Xcaret

It depends on what you want. First, I may be wrong, but I think Xpu-ha is a resort, not a park. I have not been to Xcaret but have heard from friends that it has many things to see and would be good for younger children. We have teenagers who love Xel- ha - it is a very active park (plan on being in the water most of the day) with tons of huge iquanas running loose. We look forward to doing Xel-ha again this year, but I would not recommend it for young children or older adults who are not active.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xpu-ha or xel ha, Xcaret

Xcaret, IMHO, is easily the better of the two parks Xcaret and Xel Ha though both are beautiful, full of activity and worth a visit. Visit the website of either, view the activities, events and exhibits and decide what your preference is. Typically Xel Ha is more water sports orientated than Xcaret though Xcaret offers similar activities among its other offerings.

Xpu-Ha was a partially developed Eco-Park, short lived, then destroyed for another Hotel Resort project.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xpu-ha or xel ha, Xcaret

Is Tulum your destination? Then perhaps Xel-ha might suit. It's close and will take a whole day if you want. It's is extremely water oriented. Nice if you like swimming, diving, floating and snorkeling. Great park area and restaurants.

If your more oriented to a zoo/eco park with water sports actvities available then you might consider Xcaret.

4. Re: Xpu-ha or xel ha, Xcaret

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 12:19