We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

someone please tell the real story

macomb mi
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Topic
someone please tell the real story

would someone please tell the real story about the grand oasis cancun hotel? ive read the some good and some bad reviews here but from what ive been reading here and other sites it seems that people are confusing the oasis from the grand oasis. from what ive read it seems that the pyramid and the two oceanfront bldgs are the grand and are ok. especially bldg 3 (according to some people), which ever that one is. ive even asked orbitz and they know nothing of a bldg 3. i believe the two lagoon side bldgs are the oasis and are trashed by the youngsters and not kept that well. ive heard about the purple vs black wristbands as the black is the better one to have by staying at the grand oasis. can someone that actually stayed there please chime in, and be specific if possible. im staying at the grand pyramid in april and want to get the straight skinny on this place.

thank you.

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: someone please tell the real story

i would like to know this too

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
265 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: someone please tell the real story

never been there but yes the reviews are very mixed and its hard to judge the place..

all i will say is this hotel is rated down in 89 position on this site and i think that you can use that as a good guide to what is like.....

april is spring break time so there are going to be lots of youngsters and it will be very noisy!

just my opinion,make of it what you will :-)

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: someone please tell the real story

Ok, who tells here that April is spring break is wrong. March is spring break. April is Easter week this year so lots of families in Cancun then.

As for the Oasis it depends on if you are a college student in which case its fantastic, or a family in which case you get a very mixed review from ok, to horrible.

I would stay away with a family since there are much better places in Cancun for families to stay in. And for older couples I would still stay away since again there are much better places in Cancun.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
698 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: someone please tell the real story

The only person that can tell you "the real story" regarding the Oasis, Grand Oasis, or any other resort is you. If you decide to stay there, you will know if it is right for you or not. Trust me on this. We always stay at the Park Royal. The first time we stayed there it was becuase of a good price, but it had plenty of bad reviews. We've never thought about staying anywhere else! The truth about the Park Royal was discovered when we stayed there. We love it, but we understand it's not for everyone. Take the reviews with a grain of salt and see what the people on this forum say. The information is much more valuable than a review where a resort is marked down because of outside factors such as airport time share sharks. Food quality is subjective. Drink quality is subjective.

Frankfort Mi
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: someone please tell the real story

I would like to know as well, about the phase I or phase II buildings. are those Oasis and not Grand? We are booked for 7 nights at the Grand in May - again, some review scare me,but we are going with a group of 11 and they decided on the Grand...

macomb mi
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: someone please tell the real story

anyone? anyone?

Nome, Alaska
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: someone please tell the real story

Oasis is the party place, Grand oasis is the quieter area.

If u love to party and have fun and arent picky then oasis will do just fine.

If u wanna stay away from bitchy old people like the whiners on this forum, go to oasis.

If u think oasis is too dirty for u, stay at grand oasis for a few more bucks, and still ull have access to the oasis.

If u dont like to party and want a nice quiet vacation, find one of the higher rated resorts as young loud obnoxious young people like me will not choose resorts that are too pricey.

And please remember the people who constantly put down the oasis are ones who are getting what they paid for. They get a good deal and still expect a 5 star hotel, maybe theyre just blinded by the fact they got to save some money? im not sure

anyways hope this helps, good luck in your choice!

Frankfort Mi
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: someone please tell the real story

Sounds very well put!!! Reading reviews I was kinda gathering your not gonna get 5star resort for the price of this!(I had to laugh at one, in the 18? restaurants availabe all the food was not good???? okay???) Can you answer me this..... Phase I Phase II is that Oasis and Grand Oasis or is there 3 different buildings? That is confusing me???

Nome, Alaska
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: someone please tell the real story

From my understanding (by reading on this forum) the big building in the middle is the Grand oasis, while to either side of this are phase I (2 buildings) and phase II (2 buildings)which are the oasis cancun buildings.

everett wa
Level Contributor
809 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: someone please tell the real story

We are staying at Oasis the end of April. After reading the reviews (and I am pretty sure what were getting ourselves into), we will be up-grading to the Grand. I remember the days before the internet and travel forums when I used to just, "go with the flow" and not worry about anything and just be excited. Seems like my brain is on overload with too much information and its turning me into a worry-wart. Kind of ticked I picked Oasis but it was SOO cheap I couldnt pass it up...I'll just drink....