We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ellesmere port
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
all inclusive cancun

looking for a good all inclusive in cancun for me and my wife, looking for a relaxing holiday with plans to do various trips, looking for a hotel that provides nice food can anyone give any suggestions, i have never been to mexico before so i dont have a clue about the place, any help please

Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive cancun

I would suggest Dreams, Riu Cancun, or Riu Place las Americas.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive cancun

Do you want to be in Cancun (the hotel zone), or in Playa del Carmen (about 40 min south of the airport)?

You probably should have a little better idea of what you want to do......nice beach (well, of course).

I only have experience at Iberostar Grand (in Porto Morelos area on playa paraiso, and the other Iberostars in that complex). Also the Royal Playa del Carmen which is IN Playa...short walk to the main shopping street (5th Avenue).

At IB Grand you have to make reservations for dinner with your building's concierge. This is adults only (the other IB's in the complex are family), but you also have the use of the other hotels if you choose, but they cant use the Grand.

At RPDC you dont have to make reservations. You can also use the sister hotel across the street.

You will get as many hotel opinions are there are posters on this board. When you look at the hotel reviews, toss out the very best and the very worst reviews...The ones in the middle are usually pretty good.

Keep in mind that some people dont do their "homework" before they go to a hotel and their expectations are different than reality.

Just out of curiousity, why did you pick Mexico?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive cancun

5thtexas,

Look at Secrets Maroma or Secrets Capri if you want to relax and have some really nice meals. Maroma has a beach to die for and you will not regret your decision. Have a great vacation. Beth

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
630 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive cancun

Look at Dreams Cancun- it is located at the tip of Cancun, so it has 2 beaches, one calm for swimming,several restaurant choices all with no reservations or wristbands required. It is walking distance to clubs,shopping.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,618 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive cancun

Hi

I would certainly suggest you look at the two Excellence Resorts, both of which are high end all inclusive adult only resorts– see link to their website below:

http://www.excellence-resorts.com/

When it comes down to it finding the perfect resort is a matter of personal choice as we each have different desires, wishes and expectations. We also have different experiences to base our preferences on.

Excellence Riviera Cancun is the #1 resort in the Puerto Morelos. Excellence Playa Mujeres rocketed up to #3 position on Tripadvisor’s Popularity Index for Cancun before recently being transferred to its own destination board which is an astounding achievement as it only opened in November 2007.

Both resorts are away from the hustle and bustle and concrete of the main hotel zone but are still close enough to have a trip out to a club at night if you wanted to. They do however have plenty of day time activities if you want to get involved – otherwise there are loads of places just to chill out.

We are lucky enough to have been to all three Excellence Resorts I would say that they are all very similar but different if that makes any sense. To a certain extent it is like trying to compare a pineapple, a kiwi fruit and a mango – they are all great tropical delights but they each have their own flavours and appeals

To find out more information on both resorts I would suggest a good starting point, if you have not already done so, would be to look at my reviews and photographs of the two resorts:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1229340-d64…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g240327-d499…

As I have said at the outset it all depend what you are looking for – EPM is just over a year old, is ultra modern and has taken accommodation standards to a whole new level – the rooftop terrace suites are awesome. To a certain extent it has the “marmite factor” in that you will either love it or hate it – we loved it and from looking at all the great reviews it gets many obviously agree. ERC is a great resort that tends to suck you into it’s soul - is about four years old now and does seem a bit dated in comparison to EPM but not when compared with many other resorts – it is not #1 by accident.

Basically, you cannot go wrong with either resort but it very much depends on what you want in a holiday.

Happy to assist further if you need it

Cisco, Texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive cancun

If you are planning several tours (excursions) Palace Resorts includes them in the cost of your stay. You can read more about them at www.PalaceResorts.com

They also have several different locations to choose from.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusive cancun

Your choice should be Sun Palace, which is a palace resort. It is a couples only resort, with tours included. You would love it and if you book thru a member you will get a better price.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusive cancun

Check out Riu Palace Las Americas. It is not an adults only but an upscale resort with very few children there. The sister resort next door, Riu Cancun, is more family-oriented and has a kids club. It is all-inclusive in a very good location...walking distance to many clubs/bars/restaurants/shopping, as well as a shopping mall directly across the street. The food is good with 5 a la carte restaurants for dinner, as well as a buffet, and an Italian restaurant at lunch as well.

ellesmere port
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: all inclusive cancun

thanks for all the help, this gives me a good idea on what hotels to look at, went first time all inclusive last year to cuba, really enjoyed it so relaxing a real eye opener such a bizaar place. have been recommended by other people mexico is a great place to go on holiday. dont have a clue about the place dont know what to expect or area to stay in so need to do some homework first.

10. Re: all inclusive cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 16:44