We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are we too old ?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MONTREAL
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are we too old ?

4 of us are going to Cancun on April 9th - 13th.... between 26-30... are we going to be the oldest one's there?.. staying at the Grand Oasis... i'm starting to get worried that it will be all high school spring breakers .. any feedback..

thanks

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are we too old ?

No u will be fine!!!! Spring break is coming to an end by then and I would assume it would have been people from college. U will have a blast

cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are we too old ?

your never to old for cancun, those where the best years of my life. Have fun.

macomb mi
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Are we too old ?

mosh you wont be the oldest. my family is going to the grand 4/10-17 and im 42. i heard its tamed down by then cause all the college kids that were there by themselves will be gone and it'll more families for the h.s. spring break.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are we too old ?

I know people in their middle 30's that go to the oasis to party, you are FINE!

MONTREAL
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Are we too old ?

Thank guys ..was just starting to get scared...i'm starting to feel a little better... is anyone going to be there around the same time .. ?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Are we too old ?

I stayed at the Oasis when I was about 28. The big thing that I remember is all the door slamming in the middle of the night. If you like to sleep, this might be a problem.

Portland, Or
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are we too old ?

You are never to old for Cancun. I just turned 38 and was there a few months ago. Cancun covers the entire age range. I've seen people in their 60's partying there. You will have a great time. Don't worry about your age, I'm not!

-Sunny

everett wa
Level Contributor
805 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are we too old ?

Oldest ones at 26 to 30? Now I feel old!! Not every person will be a spring breaker. You will have a blast!

Cheshire...
Level Contributor
323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Are we too old ?

lol Jason, Dennis is my hero

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,851 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are we too old ?

Just had to read this thread.....too old for what?

Cancun?

The resort?

Scuba diving?

Snorkeling?

Clubbing?

Just wondering.....

Answer....nope. We're in our 50's and still love it.

Not the scuba diving or the clubbing but the restaurants, hotels, snorkeling, ruins, etc. You'll have fun. The Grand Oasis gets pretty good reviews. April is family time but there will be lots of adults there. (College spring breaks are over by the end of March.) Have fun!

Cheryl