We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Joe

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
273 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun Joe

i appreciate what you do here by helping people out. I was curious if you had any kind of condtruction update for the gran caribe real? i know they will be pretty full jan. 2-9 and don't want to end up with one of the older rooms with no view. if you don't have any information it's no big deal, i'll find out when i get there. Thanks Joe

El Arbol Grande

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Joe

Honestly I have no Idea... I will make a call and try and find out for you.

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun Joe

thanks a lot. i hope you discover some good news. Are you a business owner down there or work there or what? Don't go through too much trouble on my behalf; it's no big deal i am just ready to get down there.

el arbol grande

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Joe

I own a company called Jeep Adventures. We do jungle safaris down the coast and I run The Eagle Rider Harley Davidson rentals here in Cancun.

I will check on your hotel first thing in the mornig. When are you getting to town?

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Joe

sunday jan. 2nd -9th

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun Joe

Hey BigTree

I must be blind... posting questions with the answers already posted. must be getting tired.

Just talked to the hotel and They told me the "Majority" of all construction is complete and the little bit that will continue will in no way effect any of the common areas and that it should not effect your stay in any way. This came from the front desk manager.

Let them know that when you are checking in that you are from trip advisor and you are going to be writting some unbiased coments about the hotel. Also let them know that you had a fully remodeled room with ocean view reserved. whether it is true or not they will give it to you.

good luck!

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun Joe

thank you very much for checking into that. i never thought about telling them i would be writing a review of their hotel, that's a good idea. Thanks again

Arbol

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun Joe

Joe, just curious.... is your Harley rental just that, or do you sell Harley memoribilia too? My husband is a Harley fanatic and would love a Cancun Harley shirt, but last time we were there we didn't see any anywhere.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun Joe

Miss Kia... Just rentals. There is a Cancun Harley-Davidson merchandise store located in the forum by the sea nexxt to the Hard Rock Cafe.

Arbol Grande... lets go out for a drink or hit a club while you are down here. just email me at: jmendez0328@hotmail.com and we can plan something

Toronto
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancun Joe

Cancun Joe,

Seems like your the man in the know. I'm winging it to Cancun, sola, arriving on the 30th, staying until the 6th. Haven't booked a hotel room or anything - too full or too $$$. Thinking of just staying in a hostel in the city for the first couple of nights - than upgrading to a modest bed and breakfast or inn. If you can offer me any recommendations i'd appreciate it.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancun Joe

Hi Misfit,

Go to the post Hotel Inquiry. I suggested one there and posted the info.

-Joe