We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Cancun , latest review's

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Cancun , latest review's

I was at the RC when the 40 crowd mentioned in the recent review's by Chicagoziggy and MJBIl visited...

I can't comment on their room 's and availibility..

However, the way the resort is set up, it is pretty much out of line trying to get a table for 20 at an evening meal reserved..

On the other review, it was mentioned they were asked to retrieve trash from the pool area...I was there I observed the party they had around the pool, it was impossible for the pool waitresses to get to the individual's, nerf football's flying around everywhere, people, standing diving for the footballs and such...The 40 crowd put up a banner, which I have never seen done before, and partied hard...No one complained about your antic's...Why whould you be put out to pick up your trash?

After all, there was a heck of a wind that day..

rant off...

NY
Level Contributor
247 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Cancun , latest review's

Hi there! So what did you think of the Royal overall? Im going May 1 - 8 with my boyfriend, we are in our early 30's and can't wait. We like to relax and hang out by the pool during the day and of course party at night - but not get too crazy! We aren't big drinkers....

Do you know if they have set nights where groups of people get together to go to clubs???

Also, how is the food - being that we are staying for 7 nights, will there be enough different options to choose from or did you get sick of the food?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for any input

Anna in NY

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Cancun , latest review's

I like the RC, not too stuffy, great staff, plenty of food selections etc.

The rooms are large and immaculate, all rooms have an ocean view..

Every night the entertainment staff(?) offers a different club to go to..I did not partake in it, but those that did thought it was great..For details check with the staff at the Towel Hut by the Pool..

This was my 2nd stay at the Royal Cancun..Enjoy

NY
Level Contributor
247 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Cancun , latest review's

Thanks for the info larry!

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Cancun , latest review's

My pleasure..

Minnesota
Level Contributor
822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Cancun , latest review's

Wow!

"The other big thing was that they did not keep up with cleaning empty cups. My girlfriends and I kept making trips to the garbage trying to keep our space clean. One waitress even went so far as to ask my friend to hand her all the cups."

Maybe it's just me but it doesn't matter how much money I spend I am still able to help clean up my own mess! The other review also mentioned that the staff should wear water shoes to pick up cups if they are going to have chairs in the water. What is wrong with these people if it ruined their trip to have to pick up their own empty cups and hand them to the waiter. Just seems disrespectful to me.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
459 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Cancun , latest review's

Just got back from a two week stay at the RC and I was also there during the "40 Crowd" celebration. I agree with litenlarry this is an awesome resort with staff that aim to please. You will not be disappointed. To accomodate parties of 10 or more for more than a dinner let alone several days will have its limitations no matter which resort/restaurant you would choose.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Cancun , latest review's

I just read those reviews....sheesh! This was my favorite sentence: "If you have a pool that is partly in the water then the waitstaff needs to wear shoes that will allow them to get wet." That's a classic!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Cancun , latest review's

we just returned from the royal cancun and it was wonderful. clean, food was great the service could not be beat. I feel sorry for the waitress at the pool and on the beach. they really work hard and some people do not tip. we tipped for every drink we had or any other service we had. we even tipped the hostess in the resturants.

we went for our 45th anniversary they gave us champagne and a cake.

we would reccomend the Royal to all of our friends and family.

NY
Level Contributor
247 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Cancun , latest review's

2 things - first, i dont mind tipping at all, just curious about the tipping situation because I am a travel agent and have been to a ton of All inclusives, and never tipped - ALL-INCLUSIVE means tips are included, so is that not the case at the royal?

Also, are men allowed to wear jeans to dinner?

THANKS

Arkansas
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Cancun , latest review's

Good post Larry

I actually sent a personal message to the person who wrote that about the cups asking them how they were ever able to finish their vacation after they had to pick up the cups. No reply though. going back to the Royal in 44 days for our third time. We would go no where else!