We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancuns location

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
iowa
Level Contributor
827 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cancuns location

Does anyone else love cancun due to the fact that the travel is so easy. I am not a fan of the long drives after getting in the transportation from the airport. When I went to negril jamacia it was a 2 hour drive. Lets just say it is a major deciding factor me my wife and I.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancuns location

You are sooo Rightttt. I love the fact that I can fly from the NY/PHILA Area and be there is less than 4 hours, then drive 20 Min and be at my Hotel! Lets say I leave at 7am I arrive in Cancun at 10 am Cancun time and im on the beach by 11 30!!! You cant beat that, everyone hates to waste a day of travel!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancuns location

It is not as easy for us on the West coast, but still love going to Cancun. It's a 4 1/2 - 5 hour flight but we have a 2 hour time change, so after getting to the airport 3 hours ahead for an international flight (around 6:30am) we don't get to Cancun until around 4pm...takes all day for us, but still definitely worth it. I would rather go there, then Hawaii!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancuns location

I would have to agree. Stepping off the plane after the 6 hour flight we have and security etc it is sooo nice to drive 30 mins and your at your hotel, I love Cancun.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancuns location

Depending on the time of the year, you betcha...Non stop in about 3 hrs...hard to beat...

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancuns location

NurseinLa: You would really rather go to Cancun than Hawaii??? What is your decisions factors on this? I have been to both and really enjoyed Maui.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancuns location

johnnjon...I have been to Kauai, Oahu, and Maui and they are all so beautiful....but the kindness of the people of Cancun, that beautiful blue water and powdery white sand beach, and the inexpensive cost compared to Hawaii, keeps me going back to Cancun time and time again.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancuns location

Depends on the experience. When I was coming and going through the airport in Sept and October it was extremely busy( going through check points and finding luggage etc.)

My experience at Santa Clara airport high season February on my way to Cayo Santa Maria was this: FROM THE PLANE through custmoms TO MY BUS: 15 minutes!

It took me longer than 15 minutes to get of the plane to my bus at the Cancun airport!

I fail to see the 'easy part'!

everett wa
Level Contributor
804 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancuns location

We love Cancun! Its kind of a long flight from Seattle but so worth it. I also choose Cancun over Hawaii. Love both but have to go with the A/I's. Totally worth it for us.

9. Re: Cancuns location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 17:20