We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time from landing at airport to arriving at hotel

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
268 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Time from landing at airport to arriving at hotel

Getting ready for first trip to Cancun on Sunday!!! Is it realistic to think we can be at our hotel by 6pm if we land at 4pm or is that enough time? I know we have to go through immigration, get our luggage, go through customs and find our shuttle to the hotel, but can all that be done in about 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon? If not, what is a realistic amount of time?

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,866 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time from landing at airport to arriving at hotel

IF the plane arrives on time, IF 50 other planes aren't arriving at the same time and IF your shuttle is there waiting and you get on and go, you will have no problem making it by 6 p.m.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time from landing at airport to arriving at hotel

Jim knows best. ;)

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
973 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time from landing at airport to arriving at hotel

KBRZEZNIAK, Two hours should be enough time, we have been at out resort more than once in only an hour. Guess luck has been on our side !!! Enjoy. Linda

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
238 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time from landing at airport to arriving at hotel

Our last arrival was terrible, I think around 10 planes landed the same time we did. My sister was to arrive an hour before us and they arrived the same time we did. It took us approximately 1 hour to get thru customs and then the line to hit the red/green button was outrageous. But I would do anything to go back soon. But to answer your question we landed about 11:45 am and was at the hotel about 2:15. This was on a Saturday.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Time from landing at airport to arriving at hotel

figure 75 minutes in most best cases from time of landing to hotel. Worst cases can be 3 hours. Usually 90 minutes would be average

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Time from landing at airport to arriving at hotel

Put your watch away when you land.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
390 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Time from landing at airport to arriving at hotel

You don't need your watch while you're in heaven!

It doesn't take that much probably

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Time from landing at airport to arriving at hotel

I normally pay for the extra service to get non-stop service to the resort...It can cut down on travel time ...

Saturday and Sunday appear to be peak travel times..So lines will most likely be longer than mid week...

buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
236 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Time from landing at airport to arriving at hotel

How about fridays and mondays? I arrive 11:22 am on a friday and depart 3:00pm on a monday?

michigan
Level Contributor
410 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Time from landing at airport to arriving at hotel

We came in and left on a Thursday and it was very busy. We were in customs over a hour and the red/green light was very long also. Waiting for the bus was another half hour. We were staying at Moon Palace, plane landed at 12:30 got to moon at 3pm.

I would never thought a thursday would be as busy. The last time we came in on a Sunday in December and no one was at the airport, we were in and out in a hour. No line as customs it was great.

March must be busy with Spring Break.