We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airline price drop, i want to cry!

indy
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
airline price drop, i want to cry!

THe price of our 3 tickets to Cancun dropped $400 and not a thing I can do about it!!! Just needed to cry on someone's shoulder!

Thx

Fortville, Indiana
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: airline price drop, i want to cry!

Mine too! The way I got around it was to add another day to the end of our trip. When they changed our flights, the airfare was cheaper and equaled another nights stay. Funjet.com is who I used and they didn't even charge a "change fee."

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
206 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airline price drop, i want to cry!

same thing happened to me!! I stopped looking! Luckily Mexicana serves free drinks on the plane...I plan on making some of my money back!! :)

indy
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: airline price drop, i want to cry!

i think im going to stop looking to! this is depressing!!! only torturing myself! :)

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,969 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airline price drop, i want to cry!

Trip insurance is your friend....I saved 10% on my entire trip with it in Feb...

indy
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: airline price drop, i want to cry!

I figured it would go up or down, juat a couple weeks ago it went down by $200 and I was ok w/ that. but $400! wow

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airline price drop, i want to cry!

This happens to everyone if you keep checking airfares. Just be glad it didnt happen the other way around.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airline price drop, i want to cry!

If you call the airline sometimes you can get a credit for the difference-- minus a $100 fee + a booking fee when you use your credit. The savings would have to be more than $100 per ticket to be worth it, though, and I am sure each airlines is different. It won't hurt anything to try! Then you could have a credit towards your next flight.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
968 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airline price drop, i want to cry!

I agree - I had over $140 credited to me through Alaska Air this year when the price went down. If you check out Yapta.com, they have a shortcut to each airlines policy regarding credits if the airfare drops.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
968 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airline price drop, i want to cry!

I should mention Alaska has no change fee as long it is the same itinerary. I think there are also a couple of airlines which are similar.

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airline price drop, i want to cry!

poor thing! did you buy them straight out or did you buy them as part of a package where there is refundable air? if its the package they should change it if the air isn't actually ticketed. aa did for us.good luck!