We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conquest Vacations are Bankrupt!

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lakefield
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Topic
Conquest Vacations are Bankrupt!

HI,

Just heard on the news that Conquest has gone out of business.

While my sympathies lie with those now stranded or those hoping for a vacation soon I have nothing but contempt for Conquest and feel this is good ridance to a poorly run company.

Good luck getting home & good luck rebooking

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
69 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conquest Vacations are Bankrupt!

After looking back I see you have a personal reason for your views on Conquest.

However, I would like to present the case that Canadians are left with fewer & fewer alternatives to travel.

Airlines like Harmony are gone, tour operators like Conquest gone, ships pulling out of the Port of Vancouver.

We pay a lot more for the same types of vacations as Americans & then have to travel to USA cities as departure points & use their hotels, parking, airlines etc.

Any loss is a sad one.

toronto
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Conquest Vacations are Bankrupt!

Just a FYI, Oasis Cancun, Aventura Spa Palace , Grand Oasis Cancun, Grand Riviera Princess, Golden Parnassus

The resorts in Mexico are holding guests who booked with Conquest hostage untill they pay for the vacation they have already paid for. In most cases these resorts are actully charging more (ie not the discounted rate that the guest paid originally. Managers are conficating passports and threatining guests with jail time. Oasis Cancun, Aventura Spa Palace , Grand Oasis Cancun, Grand Riviera Princess, Golden Parnassus resort are among the resorts extorting money from these guests. The resorts should be dealing with conquest vacations creaditers not the unfortunate guests who HAVE PAID!!! It is also disgusting that Mexican Police are inforcing this crime! Will up date the names of other resorts involved as info becomes avil.

Calgary
Level Contributor
996 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conquest Vacations are Bankrupt!

Thanks Toronto...I want to have a list of the resorts..maybe there are a couple of ones that have stood up to the challenge and will come out looking like superstars!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Conquest Vacations are Bankrupt!

igre, thanks for spending money in the USA. Come back often.

toronto
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Conquest Vacations are Bankrupt!

Indeed Matlock, Hopfully some of the resorts have smarts and good taste. And you know what I would go out of my way to book with them in the future.

Canada
Level Contributor
884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Conquest Vacations are Bankrupt!

again, there is no solid proof yet that Conquest is BANKRUPT. They have ceased operations. They may go bankrupt, but at this point, I do believe that's speculation.

Regardless.... Conquest is no more...

We are some of the lucky ones currently on vacation in Mexico, dealing with this on Mexican terms. Otherwise, be hauled out of your resort by security and deal with the police if you don't pay the resort.

Very easy to say "don't pay the resort, let the resort deal with Conquest as a creditor".... BUT- in reality, if you are here, and you CAN pay, you can actually preserve what's left of your vacation and try to get back on the beach and enjoy it.

Just my two cents, coming from someone who's actually living this nightmare, not just writing about it on tripadvisor.

Calgary
Level Contributor
996 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Conquest Vacations are Bankrupt!

Moxy, have a few shots of tequila for me! I am taking Mexico off my list of destinations for awhile, been there many times and have many fond memories, but it is time for me to put my money into another country until Mexico smartens up...

toronto
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Conquest Vacations are Bankrupt!

I hear you Moxey....Im just saying its not right what they are doing. And yes enjoy the rest of the vacation....I have a really bad temper when it comes to treats made to me by anyone for any reason....Irish Blood! I'd be sabatoging the place any chance i got. I have some ideas but it might get you in trouble. haha..post some videos of the confontations on UTUBE!

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Conquest Vacations are Bankrupt!

as info the oasis and grand oasis are Spanish owned resorts. Not certain about the others but my guess is most are Spanish owned and not Mexican owned so not sure how this reflects poorly on Mexico. I am certain the Spanish owned resorts would have done same thing if you were staying in one of the other properties outside of Mexico

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Conquest Vacations are Bankrupt!

Grand Riviera Princess is Spanis howned as well