We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Caribe: Oceanfront vs Oceanview?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
730 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Caribe: Oceanfront vs Oceanview?

We're staying at the Gran Caribe this August. My TA said she could upgrade a few of us (who didn't want the Lagoonview) to either Oceanfront or Oceanview.

Anybody know the difference (besides price)?

Does Oceanfront mean the room faces in that general direction but not a drop of water will I see from the balcony? Are the Ocean front/view rooms on lower/higher floors? She also mentioned something about a hammock on the balcony. Are they worth the additional cost?

I love waking each morning to the ocean & the sunrise, but if it's not worth it - I'll just get up early & watch the sunrise on whatever beach is left. I'm just so glad to be going back.

Gracias a Todo!

Tra

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Caribe: Oceanfront vs Oceanview?

Tracee-we stayed at Gran Caribe 2 1/2 yrs ago - booked an OV room-upon arrival-they upgraded us to Ocean Front-directly facing the ocean with a hammock on the balcony (3rd floor). It was an incredible view. Think the OV rooms line the pool area -views could be great, you just have to look over/thru the pool. The room location was a huge part of why we really liked the resort.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
730 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Caribe: Oceanfront vs Oceanview?

Thanks LakeMist,

The excitement is building what with "scant" 99 days to go!

Tra

oklahoma
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Caribe: Oceanfront vs Oceanview?

Just got back this week from Gran Caribe it was great. We were going to upgrade when we got there but actually when we could the next day we decided not to because we stayed out in the sun on the beach and pool area all day and thought we will only be sleeping here and really never looked out except in the morning and rushed down to the pool again. We just were never in the room except to sleep and get ready to go out at night. there is not hammocks on all the rooms . there are hammocks down by the beach and beach bar. Good luck have a great time. It was beautiful. Dont listen to all the negative things. We had no problems at all.

INDIANA
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Caribe: Oceanfront vs Oceanview?

If you really like the beach, I suggest upgrading to a Gran Jr suite beachfront walkout room. My wife and I are going there in June and this room looks unbelievable!

Heres a link to pics of the room:

http://www.realresorts.com/Caribe_Real/Rooms/

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
730 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Caribe: Oceanfront vs Oceanview?

Snewc

I’m usually up earlier than everybody so I get to spend a bit of quiet/me time watching the sunrise, the employees setting up & trying to catch sight of a dolphin. Mostly its just watching the birds swoop down for their morning meal. That’s the only time I’m in the room for any length of time.

As far as the negative reviews are concerned - we’re not going for the food like some. We haven’t been to an AI in any country where the food was gourmet. Maybe that because we’re cheap? Or not Foodies. That’s why we make plans to go to at least 2 of our favorite restaurants to break up the monotony.

We speak Spanish, at least enough to get our point across. We like the firm beds, humidity, the mildew smell - in fact, the smell is what we look forward to as soon as we get off the plane. LOL!

Hoopcritic

T’were I alone, I’d have booked the walkout room. But alas, DH is afraid of people being able to peek into, or worse, walk in.

wales
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Caribe: Oceanfront vs Oceanview?

Hi there,for anyone who has upgraded at the Gran Caribe can you give me an idea of what you paid please?

7. Re: Gran Caribe: Oceanfront vs Oceanview?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 09:19