We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Airport

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MN
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cancun Airport

Anyone return to USA Wednesday or Thursday

April 29 or April 30? If so, did the Cancun

medical teams take everyones temperature

before allowing them onto plane back to USA?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Airport

bump

2. Re: Cancun Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 May 2009, 11:35
St. Louis
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Airport

I did not experience your question, but I do know I was reading through CNN or CDC and they said the Cancun Airport was getting multiple thermometers for patrons to walk through (I'm assuming similar to metal detectors or air puffers), and I have also been warned they may test you before you even leave mexico, again, not confirmed.

Hope this helps a little

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Airport

Yes - the story appears in today's Star Tribune. 8 employees of a large, well-known TC travel agency who were there relayed the info:

startribune.com/lifestyle/…

Big Lake, mn
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun Airport

We came in on late Monday the 27th. In Cancun I saw some baggage handlers on the tarmack with masks.....arriving in the US>...nothing but a guy shoving me a paper at customs regarding flu....

North Syracuse, New...
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun Airport

I'm not a medical buff so heres my question. If they have these so called therometers or scanners that measure your body temperature and you have been soaking up the Cancun sun for a week or longer, and you might even be sunburned, could this possibly effect the readings or images?

Colorado
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun Airport

Someone posted that the line was six blocks long at the Cancun airport to fly OUT of Cancun - due to everyone being scanned for illness.

Is it still a huge hassle to try to come home from Cancun?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun Airport

You would not think sun burn would affect your internal body temp just the skins temp, they are reading internal body temp. Maybe put on some sunscreen. Planning to get sun burned is not good.

esumsea
Level Contributor
124 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancun Airport

I would like to know if this 6 block line thing is true. I hope by the 4th, when I go back, things will have calmed down. I have spoken to my brother who has been a doctor (General Practitioner) for 20 years and he said this panic is ridiculous. Its just a freaken flu! Take some antibiotics and rest and you will be fine. THanks CNN for ruining (pun intended) my vacation. No Chichen, Uxmal, Sayil, Kahbah, Ek-balam, Labnah...and the list goes on. At leasxt I got to see Muyil, COba, and Tulum.

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancun Airport

Here is an article from a Mexican newsite about the airport scanners:

translate.google.com/translate…