We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most Recent W.H.O. Update

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Most Recent W.H.O. Update

Link for recent W.H.O. update #9

www.who.int/csr/don/2009_05_02/en/index.html

I understand people suspected of swine flu are being transported in "Hambulances". Just a little levity !

Peace!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Most Recent W.H.O. Update

If I go I'm definitely gonna pig out!

Thanks for posting the update.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most Recent W.H.O. Update

I love it!! "Hambulances!!" I will definitely pass it along. Gotta keep it light.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Most Recent W.H.O. Update

stop s-whining!

LOL

:o)

San Antonio
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Most Recent W.H.O. Update

Glad to see some levity coming back...

When this is all said and done, my wife is going to have some fantastic data for her statistics classes (she is a professor).

By the way, later today, I'll be chatting with the health/safety director for a major Houston hospital. Any SPECIFIC questions someone would like answered? I can't ask 100 questions, but I'll be happy to pass along a few... You'll need to post soon, because I am not going to pester the guy repeatedly right now -- he has been inundated lately, as you can imagine...

Dover, Delaware
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Most Recent W.H.O. Update

Interesting, before the WHO was saying you can not get the swine flu from eating pork now it has changed to you can not get it from eating "well Cooked" pork.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most Recent W.H.O. Update

pseudoty1,

I wouldn't give that statement a second thought. The W.H.O.'s change in there vernacular is, the; "please remove all plastic wrapping before placing the pizza in the oven."

Peace!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Most Recent W.H.O. Update

As 2 friends wondered in the snow on the their way home, Piglet grinned to himself, thinking how lucky he was to have a best friend like Pooh.

Pooh thought to himself: "If the pig sneezes, he's @#$%ing dead."

:o)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Most Recent W.H.O. Update

www.who.int/csr/don/2009_05_02a/en/index.html

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 10

2 May 2009 -- The situation continues to evolve. As of 18:00 GMT+1, 2 May 2009, 16 countries have officially reported 658 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 397 confirmed human cases of infection, including 16 deaths. The higher number of cases from Mexico in the past 48 hours reflects ongoing testing of previously collected specimens. The United States Government has reported 160 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (51), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Costa Rica (1), Denmark (1), France (2), Germany (6), Israel (3), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (4), Republic of Korea (1), Spain (13), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (15).

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
803 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Most Recent W.H.O. Update

tarabull

I got that e-mail too and couldn't stop laughing!!Too funny!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Most Recent W.H.O. Update

printable version

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 11

3 May 2009 -- As of 0600 GMT, 3 May 2009, 17 countries have officially reported 787 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 506 confirmed human cases of infection, including 19 deaths. The higher number of cases from Mexico in the past 48 hours reflects ongoing testing of previously collected specimens. The United States Government has reported 160 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (70), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Costa Rica (1), Denmark (1), France (2), Germany (6), Ireland (1), Israel (3), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (4), Republic of Korea (1), Spain (13), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (15).

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis.

www.who.int/csr/don/2009_05_03/en/index.html