We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

backberry messenger work in cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Topic
backberry messenger work in cancun

I will be in Cancun from May 18 to 29 and wondering if blackberry messenger would work in Cancun. My provider is Sprint.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: backberry messenger work in cancun

Sorry Blackberry. Typo

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: backberry messenger work in cancun

I would call Sprint. I'm with AT&T and I will not be using data on my phone in Cancun. With AT&T, it's free to receive a text message but $.50 to send a text message to someone. You may have to add International Roaming on your account before you leave. This will save you some money too. Best Bet: call Sprint to be sure.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: backberry messenger work in cancun

Hi. I have Sprint and a BlackBerry. I called them last night to add the International Access on my phone so I could make calls (free to add). Voice calls are $1.69/min I also asked her if I would be able to use my email and internet and she said she could add the International Roaming Data Plan to my account for the time I will be in Playa. It will cost approx $10 for the week. In theory, once we land, I change my settings from Sprint to Automatic and it should work. The Sprint rep also e-mailed me the info so I would know what to do. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works. :-)

NYC
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: backberry messenger work in cancun

Bberry is not allowed through customs as they are banned in the tourist area. It reminds other happy vacationers of work when they see you using it at the pool. Better tell your boss you don't get service and will not be reachable.

5. Re: backberry messenger work in cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2009, 05:38