We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone post-poned their trips to Cancun?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
connecticut
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone post-poned their trips to Cancun?

We were booked June 1-10 and just moved it till September

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,704 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone post-poned their trips to Cancun?

Why did you postpone?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,783 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone post-poned their trips to Cancun?

We rescheduled our trip form 12th May [as our flight was cancelled] to 16th June - Mexico need tourist NOW

Mexico
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone post-poned their trips to Cancun?

For the 100th time!!! The drug wars are 1400 miles away!

Or was it due to the recession?

It is a shame that you cancelled. The weather down here now is outstanding and the beaches with out crowds. Eat time I go to a restaurant there is normally two to three wait staff waiting to take care of me.

Northampton, UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone post-poned their trips to Cancun?

We were booked for May 13th, however due to our flight being cancelled we were forced to reschedule for August 26th for 2 weeks. I can't wait to go.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone post-poned their trips to Cancun?

Good move! I mean who wants to be in Cancun when nothing is open right?

OH wait...nothing WILL reopen until people starting coming down!

Mexico needs tourism TODAY not in September...WHY on earth would you do that?!

columbus, ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone post-poned their trips to Cancun?

We are going June 3-9. Have had this trip planned for months and can't wait!! We personally are looking forward to not having to play "reserve your pool chair" and enjoying everything Cancun has to offer!!

Mt. Laurel, NJ
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone post-poned their trips to Cancun?

We were scheduled to go on May 6 but postponed until June 4, which was the earliest our schedules would allow. Hopefully things will be somewhat back to normal, but that will depend on whether or not people start traveling there again. Where's the media when you need them - they should be helping to get the word out that it's perfectly ok to travel to Cancun since they're the ones that started the hype.

Winfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
184 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone post-poned their trips to Cancun?

Going in July, not postponing.

The drug cartels are getting a ton of press, even though I understand they are nowhere near most tourist areas, many do not.

The Mexican tourism agencies REALLY need to pull together to let the US public know that tourist areas are safe.

I cannot tell you how many people have told me they are afraid of Cancun and Puerta Vallarta, it is very sad really.

BTW, these people live in the Chicago area! The city I live in has gang problems, nevermind Chicago.

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone post-poned their trips to Cancun?

We had to post pone our May trip due to flights, but re-booked for the end of June and can't wait. I just hope it's not a ghost town.

kansas
Level Contributor
94 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone post-poned their trips to Cancun?

I was going to go May 23 - May 26 but the airline cancelled my flight. Now the airline has decided to start flying to Mexico and again but now they are charging 3 times what I paid so I'm thinking about going in July but I don't know if it will be too hot.