We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any reason to bring pants for hubby this time?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Any reason to bring pants for hubby this time?

I have been reading lately that Dress shorts are suitable for men at Dreams restaurants. Last AI resort we stayed at long pants were required for men at dinner.

We usually eat off the resort a couple times as well. We have our children, so we would be mostly eating at family friendly places anyway. Are there any casual places that anyone knows of that long pants would be required. We could just avoid those places. If I could get away with one less thing to pack that would be great!

Best Seller
Tulum Ruins, Reef Snorkeling Plus...
136 reviews
from US$109.00*
Best Seller
Viator Exclusive: Early Access to...
1,055 reviews
from US$97.33*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Day Trip from Cancun
1,380 reviews
from US$64.50*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Tour and Cenote Swimming...
158 reviews
from US$49.00*
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any reason to bring pants for hubby this time?

I definitely would have him bring a pr of long pants. And if you are going to an AI, they likely WILL require long pants at a la cartes. if you are going to eat "off property" check with the resto about its dress code.

A pr of khakis doesnt take up much space.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any reason to bring pants for hubby this time?

As I said, Dreams does not require long pants, so if I don't need them I'd rather not. More room for me in the suitcase:)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,298 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any reason to bring pants for hubby this time?

I've read that about Dreams as well. I'd just want to be sure ALL restaurants are Ok with shorts. Isn't there an adult only restuarant at Dreams? I'd hate to lose out on one just because, you know?

I think you also get a discount at Paloma Bonita, they have a posted dress code at the door, but I think that was mostly for athletic shorts and such. We had pants on that night because it was so dang cold, but I'm sure the dressy type shorts must be fine!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any reason to bring pants for hubby this time?

Oh yeah, forgot about Paloma Bonita. I'll have to check about that one. My husband wears shorts and windbreaker all darn winter long so I doubt he will ever get cold in Cancun in June. He's a human space heater! LOL!

oregon
Level Contributor
94 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any reason to bring pants for hubby this time?

Just have him wear long pants on the plane. They're usually over air conditioned anyway and the seats are scratchy. Then he'll have them if he needs them.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any reason to bring pants for hubby this time?

After going to Cancun for the past 15 years the only place around Cancun (off Resort) that was not fine with shorts was Ruth Chris. If dreams is fine with shorts than that is all (as a male) I would take.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any reason to bring pants for hubby this time?

Well, I just read on Dreams website that Himitsu is Casual Elegant which means pants. This however contradicts with what I have read from the guests. I suppose I'll have to pack 1 pair (just in case).

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any reason to bring pants for hubby this time?

why dont you go to the Dreams message board and see if you can resolve this issue. You will have to register to see the posts....

http://dreamsresorts.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any reason to bring pants for hubby this time?

Zsa Zsa, sadly I don't think we will get to do the adults only restaurant. Karen I just posted the question on a Dreams message board so I will find out for sure.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any reason to bring pants for hubby this time?

We've eaten at Ruths Chris in Cancun once and I know my boyfriend wore dressy shorts because I know for sure he has never worn long pants when we're in Cancun. He always wears dress shirts with dress shorts. Hmmm... I wonder if it was just a slow night or something and they left him alone.