We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

le meridien

Arkadelphia...
Level Contributor
212 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
le meridien

has anyone stayed here on the club level? what did they serve and what were the hours?

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: le meridien

Hello from Detroit! My Husband and I stayed at the Le Meriden 2 Years ago. The Hotel is Beautiful, well Maintained. It's off the Main Blvd. and a little bit of a Walk to the bus stop. However, right in front of the Hotel is a Small strip Mall (It's as close to one as I figure) it has a Store to by Water Pop snacks, it also has a Taco Stand that makes Awesome Taco's and they are very cheap. They have tables there to sit and have a Taco and beer. All the Locals and Police hang out there. There is a internet cafe, and more important a Pay Phone. You could get ripped a new one trying to use You Hotel phone to call Home, whether You use a calling card, Collect or whatever, so calling the US is easier and cheaper from a pay phone. The hotel is next door to The Rtiz and The Marriott. Both have great Restaurants and the strech of Beach of all 3 Hotels are Sur-Real. It is so Beautiful it still blows my Mind after all these Years. Now the Club at Le Meriden. IT was not worth it. That's My Personal opinion. I usually stay at the Ritz, but they were booked and The Le Meriden was fairly new, so We stayed there for 7 Days. The Club didn't offer a very good range of Food, and the Breakfast was just some danishes, Coffee Yougart and Fruit Cocktail . You Know Like Libby's in the Can.That was from 7 am-10 am. There was no Lunch presentation, in fact they had the area of the Club blocked off, and the lights out during the Day. So I didn't feel right about just going in and sitting down and reading a Book during the early afternoon. Cocktails and snacks in the evening were a Huge disappointment. Just some Dip and veggies, a few nacho chips and dip. The bartender was very nice, and The corona's were cold and went down good. But after the second day, we had ourselves moved off the club level and in another room. We ended up walking next door to the Ritz and having Breakfast. And Just went out for dinner, and picked up some snacks instead. It was 50.00US extra a dayper person for the Club, but I didn't think it was worth that. I compared the Club at the Le Meriden to the Club at the Ritz, and there was no comparrison. The Ritz serves 5 Meals a day on the Club. The Breakfast is incredible, several choices, Yummy Coffee and 2 hot foods. Lunch is Sandwiches, Salads, Pasta Salad, several desserts and the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. Tea and Sandwiches in the afternoon, with scones and fresh berries. Evening Cocktails and Snacks are a wide varitey of hot foods and finger snacks, their house Guaq and salsa and chips. And Coridals and Chocolate at night. They serve Refreshments all day long. From 7 am till 11 pm. And the Service is the best I have ever had. So I was comparing the 2 hotels and hands down the Club at the Ritz is worth it, at the Le Meriden Not worth it. The Hotel is very nice, and the staff were great. The Gift shop was nice, and had several newspapers. Cancun is The Most beautiful Place on Earth to Me.