We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Spa or Hilton

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Spa or Hilton

We booked our trip for Nov. 09 (2 teens,mom and dad)

to stay at the Westin. I am now having second thoughts and I am thinking about changing to the Hilton. Which one of these 2 hotels would have more to offer in activities? I can still make changes on our res.

Leesburg, VA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Spa or Hilton

Which Westin?

I have stayed at the Hilton many times and obviously like it very much. The service is always outstanding and the rooms and pool are great.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,212 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Spa or Hilton

We've stayed at the old Westin on the far south of the Hotel Zone. It was "eh". Felt more like a hotel than a resort. It did have a nice beach, however.

I would prefer the Hilton. Great pool area.

KY
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Spa or Hilton

We have stayed at the Hilton 9 times, dating back to when it was Ceasar Park, always loved it. We never travel without our children ages now 18, 15 & 9, and the last 2 times there was not much activity around the pool. The last time they were very bored so this time 6-29/7-9 we chose a different hotel only because we wanted activities for our children. The staff at the Hilton are FAB, and the food also. The last visit was in Oct. and I truly thought we were the only people there. A plus to that is that that we were treated like royality, but have never had bad service there, everything has always been perfect!!!

Nancy

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Spa or Hilton

THANX for the quick responses---im leaning toward the Hilton---

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Spa or Hilton

I work for Hilton Corporate and I am traveling down to the Cancun property at the end of July.

They got some really good rates going right now:

%25 off our best available rate if you use your visa card.

or

30% if you do advanced purchase (no refunds)

I have only heard great things about this hotel, got a co-worker there with his family right now!

Maine
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Spa or Hilton

Is there a specific link or code for the 25% off with visa use?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Spa or Hilton

I'm not sure about the 25% off, but we just booked using the 30% off. If you cancel, you will forfeit the 30% you prepaid only; however, when I booked, they still only charged my credit card the standard one-night deposit. I suppose if I cancelled they might end up charging me the additional % due. I just posted on another thread about the Hilton. We're heading down for our 10th stay there and needless to say- we love it. The pool just cannot be beat.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin Spa or Hilton

Oh- I forgot to mention- you even get free breakfast buffet with the 30% off for 30% pre-pay.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Westin Spa or Hilton

Yes sorry they built a special package for their hotel. Our standard is advanced purchase discount is non-refundable. Looks like you will only loose the deposit of 30% and get a free breakfast as well. Thanks for catching the details!

The credit card deal can't be combined with other offers. You just have to verify your card through visa's website and it brings you back to Hilton's site to finish the booking.

Queens NY
Level Contributor
188 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Westin Spa or Hilton

Have been to The Hilton with 2 children . Great staff, great pool, great bed and nice lounging beach. Unless things have changed you will need to be a strong swimmer just to get waist high in the ocean,it is very very rough.Have fun and go to dinner early at Senor Frogs it is a lot of fun. The kids will love it