We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a "non-party" resort

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a "non-party" resort

Hi/Hola

DH and I are eager to return to Cancun in December, and I was wondering if there is a list of resorts that don't attract party folks--especially younger (17-23) students.

I am fine with/enjoy younger kids, but I'd like to avoid the party animals - - no criticism intended, but I hate slamming doors and yelling and really drunken behavior.

I respect everyone's right to party - - - just don't want to be in the middle of it.

Does such a list exist?

Or maybe there's a list of the "party hotels"?

TIA

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,115 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a "non-party" resort

Check out an adult only. Sun Palace is definately not a rowdy place. Quiet, relaxing, and romantic.

LeBlance is top notch and you shouldn't find it to be too wild (at all).

Riu Palace Las Americas is adult orientated and we never found it to be too wild.

The Royal (I'm assuming) would be nice.

In fact, since you are going in Dec (early or over Xmas?) you shouldn't find it too bad. March is when I stay away with Spring Break. I've been in almost every other month and a different hotel each time. Wild and crazy was never a problem for us.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a "non-party" resort

Definitely consider going adult's only eg Le Blanc, Sun Palace, Royal Cancun etc; these resorts tend to be more expensive and romantic and so don't attract party animals.

Also consider staying slightly outside of Cancun: Puerto Morelos (where we stayed) is about 30 mins away and resorts are more spread out and quite low-key, and attract a quieter crowd (IMO)

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a "non-party" resort

Thanks,ZsaZsa and London 86!

We are looking at November 26-December 3

December 18-25

or Presidents' weekend

Which is best?

It does not matter to me if small children are there so I don't think it has to be adults only.

We have looked at Zoetry-- a bit over our range in Puerto Moreles and have also considered renting a house or staying at the new resort (?) in Akumal but thought we should stick to the hotel zone again just because it is so easy ( and we can be sooo lazy)

I appreciate your recommendation for Sun Palace and Le Blanc. Le Blanc seems a bit too formal for us. Will check out your suggestions.

Thanks!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,856 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a "non-party" resort

Lots of resorts cater to adults.....look at the Ritz Carleton, Marriotts (two of them), Hilton, for starters. Much depends on whether or not you want all inclusive or not. If you do, look at LeBlanc and The Royal Cancun. Both get excellent reviews. Beyond that you might look at Riu Palace de las Americas.

Cheryl

Level Contributor
462 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a "non-party" resort

You might want to look into the Omni.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a "non-party" resort

Try Solymar Condos for any of your travel dates. This will keep you happy on all levels.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a "non-party" resort

Palace Resortas do not allow spring breakers.

http://www.palaceresorts.com/

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a "non-party" resort

I disagree that the Ritz and Marriott do not cater to kids. These are family resorts first and foremost and there have been plenty of them there when we stayed at both.

I love LeBlanc but it is a bit more elegant than many AIs so might not be what you are looking for. Sun Palace is an option and is a nice resort.

For non AI, check out Aqua and Le Meridien. Both more adult oriented.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,856 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a "non-party" resort

caviargal,

I recommended the Ritz and Marriotts because of the OP's list of requests: not party hotels but okay with younger kids. Both hotels do have kids but none could, in any stretch of the imagination, be considered "party" hotels.

Does that make sense?

Cheryl

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a "non-party" resort

If you want to go further south, I have found the Catalonia Royal Tulum to be very intriguing and very well priced. It is adults only resort with decent rooms (not necessarily luxurious) and a out of this world beach.

I have not been there but I seriously considered switching to it for our trip at the end of this month. We are going to stick with ERC.

Another you may want to try is the Valentin Imperial Maya. The prices are fantastic there right now. Not sure what they will be like in December.

Honestly, there are a ton of resorts further south that would fit the bill.