We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nicest resort - good for tweenagers

Belmont, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
nicest resort - good for tweenagers

Hi Everyone, we are coming to Cancun over the Christmas New Years Holidays and there are just too many resorts to look at. In your opinion which resort is the nicest? I hate having hotel envy when I go on vacation so I want to stay at the best place but one that will work for two boys, ages 14 and 12. The Ritz Carlton makes it tough for a family of 4. Was also looking at the Westin. Is there something better? a good beach is important, good pools are important, (water slide makes it better but not a have to) swim up bar, big rooms, good service... am I asking too much? :-) Thanks so much!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,274 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nicest resort - good for tweenagers

Two questions I would start with are what is your trip budget and are you looking for all-inclusive? Christmas/NY is one of the most popular times of the year, so expect to pay more.

Washington, Virginia
Level Contributor
259 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nicest resort - good for tweenagers

If budget isn't an issue, take a look at the Palace's Xpu Ha. I took my son when he was 13 and it was perfect for us. The only thing missing is the great beach part.

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nicest resort - good for tweenagers

Hi char318 ... if you're willing to travel about 25 minutes south of the airport, the Iberostar Paraiso Maya is great for tweens. Wave pool, lazy river, big main pool with all the entertainment crew activities, lots of stuff for them to do throughout the day, teen disco. The beach and water are nice but the sea is a bit rocky in parts (water shoes!).

Large rooms (step down to sitting area with sofa and desk), large balcony, large bathroom with granite vanity and double sinks, jacuzzi tub and separate shower. Large granite bar area and double closets.

The resort is immaculately clean and well-maintained. Wonderful staff. We had a great time there. Overall, a better choice than the Moon Palace where we went earlier this month.\

Good luck with your choice!

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nicest resort - good for tweenagers

Hi there! We love the RC - and have a now 12 year old - we've been visiting since she was 6 and have spent a Christmas there - it is very pricey for that time of the year - but well worth the experience. If you do stay there - you will certainly not experience hotel envy - LOL. We're lucky it's just the 3 of us - it is hard w/4 of you - you can always get a room with 2 double beds though. There is no swim up bar, but the pool and beach service is excellent. Have fun planning your trip.

TX1

5. Re: nicest resort - good for tweenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2010, 06:17