We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguanas at Sun Palace

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Iguanas at Sun Palace

If anyone is going to Sun Palace, Please take a moment and feed the 2 domesticated iguanas living under the rocks by the quiet pool!! I found the poor guy half starved to death!! He has become dependant on humans! Please toss him and his female mate a few pieces of lettuce, bananas, pineapple and melons..They are shy vegetarians..and it took a lot of nerve and hunger for him to approach me over by the beds on the beach!! The male is so friendly that he will take food right from your hand.. but always be aware...no matter how domesticated..they are still wild creatures! Thanks everyone!!!

Lexington, South...
Level Contributor
158 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iguanas at Sun Palace

Thank you for posting this. We were just there but assumed that someone at the hotel was feeding them. I wish we had known. Guests there need to help these little creatures!!!

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iguanas at Sun Palace

We were there in March 2009 and fed them. We just put the food near the rocks and it was gone by the next day. We only saw one of them (?) actually come out, but could see the tail drag in the sand the next day so we were happy they took the food.

I think they are totally dependent on humans feeding them ~ so keep it going for sure if you visit the Sun Palace ~ they are such beautiful creatures.

Sharon

Northwest Ohio
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iguanas at Sun Palace

Thought this should be bumped!

Miami Shores...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Iguanas at Sun Palace

Will feed them on Saturday when I get there. :)

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iguanas at Sun Palace

Thanks!

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iguanas at Sun Palace

I havent seen these but ill go on a mission with some food tonight!

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Iguanas at Sun Palace

Saw one of these guys yesterday up near a pool. One of the bar staff was feeding it lettuce so they are getting looked after.

All inclusive lettuce for them!

Lexington, South...
Level Contributor
158 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iguanas at Sun Palace

I'm thinking that they will need more than just lettuce or an occasional piece of fruit or bread to survive. Keep giving them food.

9. Re: Iguanas at Sun Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2010, 05:17