We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code at Moon Palace restaurants. HELP!!!!

Chester, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dress code at Moon Palace restaurants. HELP!!!!

Hi, we are going to Cancun tomorrow, we will be staying at Moon Palace for 2 weeks.

I have heard that some of the restaurants have a dress code of collared shirt, long pants and closed toe shoes.

Now, what exactly is OK? And, which restaurants have the dress code?

Are smart jeans acceptable? Are trainers allowed? Are Polo shirts ok?

Thanks for your help!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace restaurants. HELP!!!!

Trainers are closed toe shoes and allowed.

Polo shirts (golf shirts) are allowed.

Jeans are allowed, they are long pants, but will be hot. I'd take lightweight khaki long slacks.

The "better/best" restaurants have the dress code, I don't remember the names.

Buffet is more casual.

Chester, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace restaurants. HELP!!!!

OK, Thank You!

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace restaurants. HELP!!!!

Hi Irvin ... just looking here at my restaurant brochure from the Moon. The restaurants that require "casual elegance" for dinner (i.e., long pants, etc.) are:

El Caribeno

La Trattoria

Bambu

MoMoNoHaNa

When we were there a couple weeks ago, the dress code was not strictly enforced. We saw men in shorts and sandals at some of these restaurants, but it's nice to abide by the codes, I think.

Chester, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace restaurants. HELP!!!!

Thanks for the info!!!

Best get to bed!!.... Flying at 9am in the morning!

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace restaurants. HELP!!!!

Hope you have a GREAT time. I'm sure you will.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace restaurants. HELP!!!!

Forget long jeans, it is way too hot! What we do is wear some comfy walking shoes (you will need them for the tours), black pants (elastic or tie waist linens) with a light rainproof jacket and a hawaiian style collared shirt on the plane. We try to leave on the 1st flight out in the am and take the last flight out of Cancun, so it is usually cool or downright chilly at home when we take off or land.

Black goes with everything, so that takes care of your dress code! Bring one nice casual jacket or top for women and one tie for men (which you probably won't need) and you are all set for any possibility.

The only other clothes you need to pack are some swim suits, cover ups, pareos, shorts, tanks and flip flops. Golf shirts are welcome anywhere, as are Hawaiian style shirts, and women can wear nice flip flops, sundresses, just about anything.

Cancun is not stuffy or formal, you will see when you get there.

7. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace restaurants. HELP!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2010, 06:18